The end of this system in 2005?

by Brigido 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brigido
    Brigido

Hey everybody, check this story out.

I got a call from an inactive friend of mine today. While we were just shooting the breeze, she happened to bring up something she heard at the hall from others. She said there is a lot of talk about the possibility of the ?end? coming in 2005. This is based on the reasoning that a lot of biblical prophesies, or things happening in general, are based on the number 7 and or 70 years. So what they claim is that since the name ?Jehovah?s Witnesses? was brought to the fore in 1935, then 70 years from that makes 2005.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

I don?t buy it?after all?it?s been 90 years since 1914 and still nothing. In another six years it will be 100 years! Don?t you think those that were allegedly at the ?age of accountability? in 1914 are pretty old as it is? Oh wait?they could all be dead by now!

• Bryan
    Bryan

You silly rabbit... The end comes in 2012!

Bryan

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You can find the explanation at quotes website

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/2005.htm

• kls
    kls

No , you both are wrong, silly men it is 2035.

• Annanias
  • Momofmany
    Momofmany

I thought it was do more 'til 34. (you know the whole a generation is 120 years like in Noah's day, and 1914)

• City Fan
    City Fan

And if the WTS changed their date of the fall of Jerusalem from 607 to the true date of 587/586 BC then 7 times of 2520 years after would be 1934 - 1935.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Hey. Let's all do the Time warp again....

CZAR

• dh
    dh

it would be nice if it did end, just to see what would happen, but i'm not holding my breath for divine intervention. i have however recently read in the bible code that the end of days has started and a nuclear holocaust is probably going to begin in 2006.

we shall see.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

From the Governing Buddies:

"Eras", "Times", "Days", and "Ages" are all subjective time periods that we have manipulated and invented to muddle the minds of our 6 million believers. But there is only one pivital date in our modern time: "Soon." Yes brothers, all our hopes rest on "Soon." How many times you actually believed us when we published certain dates. While we were at headquarters laughing our anointed buns off, you were faithfully recruiting more twitnesses - yet another generation to disallusion. Would not the spiritually mature person instead put their faith in "Soon"? Please don't blame us for a riduculous doctrine! You are the ones who believe after all. Indeed, is that not a powerful witness to prove we have the truth. Could "Soon" be only a matter of months away, such as 2005? We fully expect you to exercise your perceptive powers to realize that you have been mislead - but you don't! Oh, how we love our sheep: roasted with lyin' jelly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit