Gall Bladder....Is yours in or out?

by morty 31 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    It all came back to me...Pain so bad that I was sweating and felt sick to my stomach...Have you had gall bladder attacks after your gall bladder was taken out?

I lost mine in 2000.

The surgeon said you can still form stones. If you continue to have pain you should let your doctor know.

Something to look at is gastritis. I had been taking advil and vitamin C for a couple of days before I went to karaoke. I took some on an empty stomach before I left for the restauraunt. When I got there I had a drink with vodka in it. Almost immediately I was doubled over in pain like the gallbladder pain. It turned out I had an irritated stomach lining and the alcohol basically set it on fire. It's like pouring straight alcohol on a brushburn.

Alcohol on it's own can cause gastritis.

Hope this helps you.

Flyin'

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I was told a few months ago that I have gall stones and need the surgery. I'm not opting for it because I don't have symptoms anymore. But they did tell me that if one of the stones is IN the duct when they take the gall bladder out -- you will still have problems because of the remaining stone. I don't know much though - I would definitely go back to the doctor because I do remember how bad the pain is and its nothing to play with.

• morty
    morty

Flying...

So did the doc say if it was the advil/vitamin combo with the drink? or just the drink on its own? I have never heard of gastritis...

• Xena
    Xena

I had mine out about 8 years ago....after being misdiagnosed for several years as having a spastic colon...and going thru a pregnancy dealing with gallstones is SO much fun. They did emergency surgery when my daughter was 13 months old. Haven't had any problems with it since.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    So did the doc say if it was the advil/vitamin combo with the drink? or just the drink on its own? I have never heard of gastritis...

It was all three. But he also told me that any of them alone can cause gastritis if taken often enough. Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining. Irritants end up burning the lining. You know, like a chemical burn on your skin. Imagine pouring alcohol over a chemical burn on your skin. That's what happened to me. Also asprin can do it as can ibuprophen when you take them on an empty stomach for long enough. You can burn your stomach lining so badly that you end up with a burn based ulcer.

Flyin'

• Gopher
    Gopher

I had laparscopic surgery in 1998 to take my gall bladder out. Once they did the operation, I was out of the hospital within 24 hours.

In 2001 I had two very painful episodes that reminded me of the gallstone I had. The doctor guessed it was my appendix, so I had an appendectomy.

Well he guessed wrong, and after the second episode I was diagnosed with kidney stones, and so had an operation to remove them.

The urologist gave me some information on what foods to minimize so as to avoid future kidney stones. This information is also available via a simple Internet search.

The pain from either gallstones or kidney stones is quite unbearable. I've heard that only the pain from childbirth can compare (in terms of intense pain in a short period of time).

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    I've heard that only the pain from childbirth can compare (in terms of intense pain in a short period of time)

My Dr. told me the pain is just as bad as having a heart attack. I've been through child birth and this was much worse imo.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Mine is in. But..............I had a major gall bladder attack at a DC in 1985, and went to the emergency room in an ambulance. That was embarrassing.

They told me to go home and see my doctor and have it removed within a month. I went to the hotel, the next day we went to the DC again, and the next day. After I got home, I went on a disgusting gall bladder cleanse, and never had another problem.

• morty
    morty

I am with you on that one as well Wild.......

I have also had kids and that is a walk in that park compared to a Gall Bladder attack...

• Netty
    Netty

I had mine out last year, laperscopic surgery, all better within just a few days. But I was mis or not daignosed for more than a year, and the pain/pressure is just awful. Sometimes I think I am starting to feel it again, on a way more mild level, then it goes away. Like others have said, I think you may still have a problem in your common bile duct, since that connects things like your liver, gall bladder, I think the pancreas too. Would be worth getting that checked out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit