You'll never guess who I met today

by Lady Lee 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

What an amazing weekend! I am physically worn (probably from over-excitement), but so happy. I have gained two new friends, Blondie and Irreverent!

As lovely as the board is, with it's opportunity to have a meeting of minds, nothing is quite the same as meeting people I admire face-to-face. The avatars grow bone and flesh, and they speak! I pick up nuance and mannerisms and hummanness that just can't be transmitted through words. They are a lovely couple, of course! Deeply in love, of course! Smart, sharp, and very observant!

Concerned Mama and I were able to take Blondie and Irreverent out to dinner (several times!). CM says I was "so cute" the way I bounced around like a kid in a candy store. It was a blustery day, so we visited the relative warmth and colour of our Muttart Conservatory. My honey had a delightful time breaking in his new camera. He had thought he would stay an hour or two, but was having so much fun himself, he hung around us "Apostates" for much of the day.

I fear we were both so worn from visiting and talking that Blondie and I were barely talking sense by the end of the day. No matter, we have met, and we can now carry on a friendship with greater dimension and depth.

• morty
    morty

So glad to hear that you guys connected....

It is really cool when that all comes together eh?

Irreverent....Just use the word "eh" at the end of all your sentences and you will fit in like a cold Molson Canadian in your hand....

Morty

• jgnat
    jgnat

Irreverent says that he is having an easier time of learning Canadian this time around. He has heard "eh" less often, and wonders if our educational system may be improving?

We had a bit of a language barrier this morning around Zip codes containing letters and whether one says "Zed" or "Zee".

• observador
    observador

Our blondie is better than anyone else's. :) I wish I could meet her too. Observador.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Someday, if we're lucky, we'll get to personally meet some of you crazy Canucks (low temperatures have a predictable effect on brain function, eh? LOL )

Craig & Kate (of the "high-annual-rain-results-in-the-brain-drain" class)

PS: The "brain-drain" part of my post applies, of course, only to me <---who hereby briskly steps away from this post.

• jgnat
    jgnat

bttt for Blondie!

Onacruse, you card. Everybody knows the women in Canada are well-preserved from being flash frozen from September to April every year. My defrosted mind is as sharp as anybody's.

Give me a milky-white Canadian maid over a California raisin any day.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, it was great to meet Lady Lee, jgnat, and concerned mama but too short. I am in Montana now on a hotel computer. It is so good to meet in person and see the sweetness and strength in all three of these lovely women, Canadian all.

We have one more stop to see some posters and then it is home again.

(((hugs)) to all

Blondie (on the road)

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

It was fun, wasn't it. I wish the weather was warmer, but it wasn't hurricaines or snowing, so I can't complain too hard.

Blondie and Irreverent are so much younger than I had imagined. You know, age = wisdom. Somehow those two are wise, without the age part and such warm, nice people.

My daughter, quite rightly, lectured me about meeting people who I only know off of the internet, but considering who I was meeting, I felt very safe.

Safe journey, Blondie and Irrev, and it was a pleasure and an honor to have to chance to get to know you.

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

Just to let you know, we just got back and are unpacking as I speak. I'm sure that Blondie has tons of messages. want to thank everyone that we met for their hospitality and look forward to developing the pictures.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Woohoo Glad to hear you both arrived home safe and sound.

It really was a hightlight of my stay in western Canada to have met you both.

Wish I had a chance to meet some others while I am here but maybe some time in the future

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit