Ex-JW to speak at Atheist meeting

by joe7878 21 Replies latest jw friends

• joe7878
    joe7878

Greetings folks,

I wanted to post this event that will take place in Mountain View, CA (just south of San Francisco). Ex-JWs will be interested.

Former JW Diane Wilson, author of "Awakening of a Jehovah's Witness: Escape from the Watchtower Society" will address the next meeting of Atheists of Silicon Valley (ASV), Wednesday, September 22, 7:30 PM. 425 Lotus Lane, Mountain View, CA. Free and open to all.

Diane will speak about her 20 years in Witness servitude and how life has been since she left the Watchtower Society. I had the pleasure of meeting Diane two years ago when she read from her book at a local bookstore. What an experience she lived! Speaking as an atheist who works with a few JWs...well, I had no idea what went on in the Kingdom Halls and in everyday JW life (not that my co-workers are pious...they tend to be a bit hypocritical). Diane's book was an eye-opener, indeed. We're very happy that Diane has agreed to speak at our meeting (which is always open to all!) She's a dear and her story NEEDS TO BE TOLD!

BTW, though no longer a JW, Diane is a Christian and not an atheist.

Diane's website is at www.dianewilson.net

ASV website is at www.godlessgeeks.com. Voicemail is 408.278.7878

Thanks for reading this! And if you live in the Bay Area, come listen to Diane's story.

Appreciatively,

Joe Mercado Jr.

Publicity Director, ASV

PS. I hope it was OK to post in this section.

• Terry
    Terry

Greetings!

I attended an Atheist meeting once and found it very educational. I don't know what I was expecting but, it certainly was very normal and intelligently presented.

Can you give us some information?

Welcome

• gumby
    gumby

Thanks for all that info joe....kinda of a long post you had though.

Gumby

• kls
    kls

Welcome joe7878. Could we have a little more information?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi there JOE....... Welcome !!

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    Greetings folks, My name is joe, and I'm an atheist

Hi Joe, welcome to the board!

• logansrun
    logansrun

I've been to a couple Secular Humanist meetings and regret to say that I was completely unimpressed. Retired weirdo's with nonmatching socks. Seems they didn't believe in deoderant or God as well.

But that's just what I experienced.

B.

• gumby
    gumby
    Retired weirdo's with nonmatching socks. Seems they didn't believe in deoderant or God as well.

You sure you ain't flashbackin to the Kingdom Hall days bradley? You HAVE been drinking rather heavily tonight ya know?

Gumby

• kls
    kls

Logan probably went to the wrong room. He didn't see the sign on the door ,,( THIS ROOM FOR B.O ONLY )

• joe7878
    joe7878

Thanks for the welcome, folks.

I'll take a mulligan on my initial post. Big oops there. But I figured it all out and added the event info I wanted to share with everyone here. Hope some of you can make it.

Joe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit