Did you get a better job and/or obtain higher education after leaving JW's?

by Thechickennest 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• mysterio91
    mysterio91

no... jah stopped blessing me after i left... yeah right!!!

i went to school even though it was "discouraged", so i haven't had to change careers... yet.

• pratt1
    pratt1

Absolutely.

Although I did go to college as a JW, My dad was a unbeliever, I had an excuse, I have a fulfilling job that pays well and has great perks.

As a JW I would have turned down many opportunities in my career because of JW responsibilities and travel.

• sozz7
    sozz7

Quote; Nice to meet you as well, outnfree! It is great that you are pressing forward. The WT has a way of keeping it slaves barefoot and poor. Yeah, tru but have u ever noticed how well off the elders are, with good jobs and the like, yet everyone else is guilted into a fixed donation every week, of both their time and money, yeh u gotta guarantee that u will freely give, no matter how old or young u are, but of course its totally voluntary, haha

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

Hell yea !

I got a degree & well paying Management job...too think I wasted 30yrs of my life pioneering and betheling !! for what ??

I know...to put gas in the travelling co's tank while i walked !

Nadsam

[email protected]

• Mystery
    Mystery

Yes - BS in Business.

And finally, this past May, opened my own business!

Your never to old to go back to school.

• Prins Vaillant
    Prins Vaillant

I'm looking for a job now. 7 years ago I delivered advertisement papers ... to people's homes. For about six months, while pioneering. That was my longest job for then. Now, I'm an anthopologist.

Greetings,

Prins V

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit