What ANNOYS you personally?

by little1 40 Replies latest jw friends

• little1
    little1

I read the "What offends you?" thread, but I think I get more annoyed than offended by things. There's a difference.

Here are some things that annoy me. I'm sure I'll think of more...

Barking dogs in the middle of the night.

People who smack their gum.

Political correctness.

Little girls dressed like whores.

Screaming kids in stores whose parents are oblivious to the noise.

Walmart.

I'm sure there are more things-how about you? What annoys you?

L1

• dorothy
    dorothy

Oh, little1, not a parent are you? Contrary to common belief (what common people believe) parents do not let their children scream to annoy people. Answering to these cries is what causes children to be brats, thinking all they have to do is a little whining to get what they want, because mommy will do it to shut them up. I'm certainly not spoiling my daughter and causing her to be dependent in life just because someone thinks she screams are annoying. Walk away.

• little1
    little1

I have 3 kids. They are 21, 18 and 14. When they were children they threw plenty of fits. I would walk them out of the store or restaurant, not turn my head like I have no idea where the noise is coming from. Every store I go into seems to come equipped with a screaming kid. Take them outside, people, no one wants to hear it. Take them home if it's nap time!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Trying to put a system quotation together which includes the most obscure networking equipment and odd operating systems (which noone can source...oh and a frickin port replicator for a laptop which was invented the year after adam was thrown out of eden) - with a customer breathing down my neck and a boss asking why I haven't written the website content and got it uploaded....grrr

You did ask

Sirona

• dorothy
    dorothy

Allright, calm down. It's going to be OK.

• franklin J
    franklin J

what really annoys me these days is smiling Jehovahs Witnesses coming to my door telling me they understand.....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

There is a guy in my apartment complex who has an old beatup silver Firebird car. Ugly POS car.

Every morning around 6:00 or 6:30 he crankes it up.

*** CRANKING ENGINE ***
    ROOOOOOOM... Roooooooooom.... ROOOOOOOOOM.... Roooooom... ROOOOOOOM... Roooooooooom.... ROOOOOOOOOM.... Roooooom... *** Sputter ***

*** CRANKING ENGINE ***
    ROOOOOOOM... Roooooooooom.... ROOOOOOOOOM.... Roooooom... ROOOOOOOM... Roooooooooom.... ROOOOOOOOOM.... Roooooom... *** Sputter ***

*** CRANKING ENGINE ***

He goes on and on like that for several minutes as he tries to prevent his POS from stalling. He usually ends up having to restart it a few times and then rev it again before it will keep running.

It sounds like the engine is shot and it has no muffler, so the sound is horrific and is able to wake me up EVERY friggin morning.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hi L1:

Little girls dressed like whores.

Screaming kids in stores whose parents are oblivious to the noise

Have to agree with you on the first one there - kids grow up way too fast' there's no innocence left.

The second one however, the parents are 'damned if they do, damned if they don't'. My little girl was an incredibly willful child (that's the nice way to say it!! lol) and sometimes you can't do anything but let them throw their tantrum... unless you're into a little physical discipline, at which point some politically correct t*at with no kids calls you a child abuser and you have social services looking into your every intention!!! I get more annoyed with the people who show little tolerance for screaming kids, WTF, we we're all kids once!!!!

Bull!

• little1
    little1

Okay, add to that trying to get a publication ready by deadline and being asked to "cover the phones", which means answering it every 20 seconds and answering dumb questions.

Gee, I wonder if I'm pmsing...I'm usually so SWEET!

L1

• little1
    little1

While I'm on a roll....kids who tell you at 7:30 a.m., "Oh, I need a poodle skirt today for chorus."

Great! I'll just pull one out of my @ss!

Wow, I think I need a vacation!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit