The JWs might be right....for all the wrong reasons

by logansrun 53 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Terry:
    And Frank Sinatra is, hand's down, the greatest singer that ever lived.

NOW we've found something that we can completely agree on!!!

Oh please.......give me a break!

I'll put Roy Orbison up against that skinny little twit any day of the week! I can sing as good as Frank Snottra (mispelled his name on purpose).......

Heres one for Frankie............

• bebu
  • Terry
    Terry

Gumbo: I'll put Roy Orbison up against that skinny little twit any day of the week! I can sing as good as Frank Snottra (mispelled his name on purpose).......

It isn't Frank Snottra; it is Frankly not so hot-ra (from your point of view).

Orbison, huh?

Okay. Let's take a look at that.

I love "Crying", "Pretty Woman", "Running Scared", and "Blue Bayou".

But, look at Sinatra's body of work over FIVE FREAKIN' DECADES! He sang the greatest songs ever written and with the finest orchestras manned by the most superlative players in the history of music!

Frank baby was ring a ding ding cool and had women completely beautiful and zonked out at his charisma throwing themselves at him like rice at a wedding.

Roy, however, looks like a teenage hacker nerd on steroids.

Frank was also a damned fine actor.

Orbison?

I'm afraid Old Horn Rims can't stand in the same hall of fame with Ole blue Eyes!

But, I like you anyway.

• Golf
    Golf

Terry, I'll take the fifties without much complaint.

Guest 77

• Terry
    Terry

Where will you take the 50's?

• logansrun
    logansrun

I like Ike.

B

**Marilyn Monroe too.

• Golf
    Golf

Terry, for starters, we lived in a community without locks. People would help their fellow neighbor. It wasn't a fast pace life in the fifties.

In Boston I was able to go to the movies and watch two featured movies, two cartoons, newsreel and coming attractions for 8 cents! Later it was 25 cents. I was able to drive my 1952 Chevy from Boston to Montreal and spend only five dollars on gas, round trip!

I was able to buy chips, gum and candy for a penny. Today, it's unheard of.

I attended public schools with black children.

Just naming a few things.

Guest 77

• logansrun
    logansrun

Golf,

And, what was your annual income?

B.

• Golf
    Golf

LR, in the early fifties I would shine shoes in combat zone. Later I went caddying. Today I'm self-employed.

Oh, I like dry gin and tonic. I use to carry a bottle with me when I played golf. Next week I'll be in Lake Placid playing golf, and drinking gin while playing.

Guest 77

• JT
    JT
    But, I can't think of any better time to be alive.

How about the 1950's

##

it depends on what color you were, watching Happy Days looks great, going to the malt shop after school , driving around town in your Hot rod

but if you were a black man those days were not so happy esp since you and your friends had to go to the back door just to get some ice cream

i often here older white persons i work with talk about how wonderful such times were

yet the black exp was very different , jobs housing opportunities, hell even for women

the lady on the supreme court stated that when she finished law school all she could do was work as a sec, so here is a white women talented and ready to take on the world and as to say white men of the day said

"hold up little susan, get me a cup of coffee"

so it depends on ones life exp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit