• Satanus
    Satanus

Gumbosaurus

Actually, that's a good accomplishment.

S

• gumby
    gumby

S,

What do you suppose the chances are that any of us will find the answers to the questions you pose....in ourlifetime? I know yer an old bastard.....so that don't leave much time.

Gumbefuddled

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ah gumhopper

I'm so glad you asked that. What is the sound of an air guitar? Seriously though, some people think they already have the answer. Will science get there in our lifetimes? I doubt it. They will probably be planet hopping for quite a while before they answer this one. But remember, one who lives in the moment doesn't care.

S

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

If a hologram is cut in two, both pieces will contain the entire original image, i.e. the information contained in the original is duplicated in the resulting fragments. Some physicists believe the Universe exhibits holographic properties in that details of the greater whole is also reflected in the very small. This is necessary to explain some observed phenomena, including apparant information exchange between certain sub-atomic particles in a famous double-slit photon experiment.

The idea was illustrated humorously in a recent opening segment of "The Simpsons" which began with the family on the couch, then gradually zoomed out from their living room, showing the house, the neighborhood, the continent, the Earth, the solar system, the galaxy, clusters of galaxies, which turned out to be parts of molecules, which turned out to be part of Homer's head.

The thought is also summed up in the expression "As Above, So Below", which is widely used in the Pagan community.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit