Is All of the Universe Everywhere

by Satanus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Or, is it reflected in everything? While waiting for my laundry at the mat, i noticed the reflections in the glasses in all the machine doors. Looking at different ones, i could see different areas of the place reflected. If i looked at it from different angles, i could see almost everything. So, each glass door contained info of almost the whole laundrymat.

Taking a step up in scale, scientists found a rock planet orbiting a star light yrs away. They were able to do that by enterpreting information collected/reflected in the lenses and films (probably ccd's) in their telescopes. What had happened light yrs away was having an effect on something in front of those scientists.

In and w their special instruments, scientists are able to observe and enterpret these minuscule effects. Might those distant bodies also be producing effects in other matter on this earth, or even in ourselves? For instance a lake surface, the liquid in a flower, or even in our brains? Might those effects go unnoticed by us, as do a million other things every day? Might they be there, nonetheless in the subconscious, needing only an adept of the subconscious to notice them? Could scientists eventually create instruments that can tune into anything, anywhere?

S

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't know, but you make me think of Alice Through The Looking Glass. My non jw daddy told me that since I have left the org. that it's as if I walked through Alice's looking glass into a bright new world.

I read another book as a child about a girl whose mother was trapped inside the mirror world by a witch. All that it would take to break the spell was for the little girl to say her mother's name out loud. Problem is the little girl was told the witch was her mother. She dreamt that her mother was someone beautiful and not the witch. Often she would think she saw a beautiful woman trying to speak to her in side the mirrors in her house.

My point is that those two books often made me wonder if there was a whole other universe inside the lands of mirrors.

Flyin'

• Satanus
    Satanus

Flying

Mirrors reflect almost everything. Plain glass reflects stuff as well, even sound. By bouncing a laser of a window, it is possible to pick up the vibrations in it which result from sound hitting it. I am extrapolating this principle to where other stuff does similar things.

S

• Badger
    Badger

Wherever you go, there you are...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I am extrapolating this principle to where other stuff does similar things.

Like the dewdrops in a spiderweb? If they each one reflect the world around them then there could be infinite numbers of alternative universes.

Flyin'

• Navigator
    Navigator

How about the power of thought? Have you ever been thinking of someone and then they call you a short time later and say "I was just thinking about you". Sometimes you know that you are being watched. According to A Course In Miracles, the entire universe is a projection of our own unconsious minds, a vast illusion in which the characters in our life are no more real than the images on a movie screen. In that scenario, we are not really here, but only dreaming that we are here. That teaching says that we have never left our home in heaven.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    In and w their special instruments, scientists are able to observe and enterpret these minuscule effects. Might those distant bodies also be producing effects in other matter on this earth, or even in ourselves? For instance a lake surface, the liquid in a flower, or even in our brains? Might those effects go unnoticed by us, as do a million other things every day?

Yes. In theory, any light (or other electromagnetic radiation) emitted by any body in the universe will be observable from any other point in the universe, provided the view is unobstructed and the light has had enough time to get there. In practice, if something is far enough away, it will be invisible to the naked eye, which is why scientists build huge telescopes - to catch the few photons that do make it all the way here from distant galaxies.
    The gravity of any massive body also theoretically extends to all points in the universe. In practice, the effects dissipate very rapidly and the gravity of small distant objects has negligible effects.

Might they be there, nonetheless in the subconscious, needing only an adept of the subconscious to notice them?

It seems unlikely. Light from very distant objects can't be detected by our eyes so it never reaches our brains. Any gravitational effects from other planets or stars are generally overwhelmed by the massive pull of the earth. I don't know of anything else that could have an effect.

Could scientists eventually create instruments that can tune into anything, anywhere?

It depends on what you mean by "tune in". They can certainly extrapolate an awful lot of information from very little data, but from our (relatively) fixed vantage point, there are some things that just can't be seen because they're behind other things. Their existence could be inferred from their effects on other nearby objects. The trouble is that the effects are usually quite small, and can be drowned out by "noise" from larger, closer or brighter objects. With suitable precision instruments, we can detect a lot more than with the naked eye (and other organs). I'm not aware of any compelling evidence that our brains can detect any effects from distant bodies other than visible light.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Interesting topic!

Derek: I read somewhere that the moon's gravity pulls not just water, but also land toward it, so that when the moon is full for instance, the land on the part of the earth facing it bulges. Do you think that could affect our bodies, considering we're largely water anyway?

Sirona

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

You are comparing an object with information that describes said object. These are by no means the same thing... no more than you can drive a picture of a car.

You are suffering from a spinning-dryer induced hallucination. Time to wake up. (Never look directly at the cloths tumbling in a drying for too long or you will start to imagine sht like that.)

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Satanus nothing personal but did you take your medication today?

Quick definitions (Metaphysics)

Encyclopedia article
    Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy, and related to the natural sciences, like physics, psychology and the biology of the brain; and also to mysticism and religious and spiritual subjects. It is notoriously difficult to define, but for purposes of briefly introducing it to nonphilosophers, it can be identified as the study of any of the most fundamental concepts and beliefs about the basic... (continued at Wikipedia)

Matthew 10 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny [1] ? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.

The Bible suggest God Almighty is omniscient (omni-present)

Is the Bible true?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit