When you read what else are you doing?

by Panda 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

OK usually I'll be drinking iced tea when I read... sometime coffee if I read in the AM. I've tried reading while Mr.Panda is watching TV but that doesn't always work. So what do you do while you read?

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

Sometimes I listen to music, soothing stuff with no vocals, eg Cusco, Buddha bar, Zen Meditation.

Can't really think of anything else..

• Mutz
    Mutz

I prefer silence or maybe some quiet classical music.

• JAVA
    JAVA

I can't read while the TV is on, but a little soft music and cup of coffee is my reading style.

Michael

• Terry
    Terry

When I read I must do something kinetic. Shaking my ankle or tapping my fingers on a phantom piano keyboard helps.

I prefer sitting on a bench at the local Botanic garden in front of a large pond of turtles and a field of shadows and sunlight dappling the dandelion tails of nervous squirrels.

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

When I read, I like to be lying down. I also smoke many cigarettes and drink many cups of tea. I can't read while the TV is on and sometimes I can't concentrate on my book when my husband is in the kitchen listening to Tom Martino, because Tom Martino is distracting.

BTW--I took the summer off from school and I have been reading a LOT this summer. I just counted and I've read at least 17 books this summer. Hmm....maybe I should get a life!

Bethany

Edited to say that I should also not use the word "summer" three times in as many sentences

• desib77
    desib77

I snuggle up in bed with a hot cup of tea.....

• Devils Advocate
    Devils Advocate

I sigh and make all sorts of quiet gestures since my wife doesnt read as fast I do and wont turn the page as quickly as I'd like.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I have a hard time doing anything else when I'm reading. But coffee or a drink is ok! Cannot eat while reading at all. Hate that! And even music is very distracting to me while reading.

:)

• dh
    dh

sitting in starbucks drinking earl grey watching people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit