Murder is wrong because...

by logansrun 33 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

[your answer here]

Bradley

PS...my English class debated this subject for an hour today without a consensus!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Define murder.

S

• blondie
    blondie

Ditto

• Xena
    Xena

it isn't always wrong in my opinion...course like SS said, it might help if you give us your definition of murder.

Hey SS, How you doin????

• logansrun
    logansrun

Satanus,

Well, that's part of the problem, isn't it? My prof just gave us the task, "Give me a proof why murder is wrong" and let us have a free-for-all. Personally, I don't think it is possible to prove that murder is wrong, but my prof says there is a way (which he didn't tell us!).

Anyway, I'd define murder as...."The willful taking of an innocent life absent from any substantiated reason to believe it is for the greater good."

There.

Bradley

• Valis
    Valis

have three rings that connect together, one moral, one ethical, one legal. Seperate your situational muder and see how they fit into the different categories...some not in each. Your English teacher may have been trying to encourage thought, but there are better ways IMO than a free for all. Especially since, as the first comments in your thread evince..it aint cut and dried. Oh and always a pleasure to speak Brad, the trees say hello.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Satanus
    Satanus

Do all of your class agreed on the definiton of murder? Do they all agree that it is wrong?

S

• logansrun
    logansrun

LOL...the trees, I can see them now!

It wasn't a "free for all" as in a Royal Rumble WWF style. More of an....er....intellectual free for all!

B.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    innocent life

We kill plant life and animal life.. and we must in order to sustain ourselves..

• Satanus
    Satanus

Xena

Thanks for the lick

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit