"Crisis of Conscience" text available on the Internet?

by AlmostAtheist 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> I really don't know what made Farkel describe you as a "sucker".

Maybe because I was a JW for 15 years? Dead giveaway.

• VM44
    VM44

Maybe Farkel is still on an adrenaline high from writing his "Rutherford Exposed" post? --VM44

• Satanus
  • bull01lay
    bull01lay

I wouldn't take it to heart.... it seems to happen to quite a lot of newbies - natural suspicion of jw apologists etc.

Welcome to the board almostathiest - do EVERYTHING in your power to read this book - it's excellent!!

Bull!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

The only "CoC" I know of that is online is the Russian translation.

When I was reading CoC during the meetings, I had a bible cover from Walmart on it. I couldn't put it down.

Here is where you can order one or wait for your library to obtain a copy.

www.commentarypress.com

BTW, welcome to the board, AA.

Joy

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Welcome to the Board AA.

ROFLMAOPMP Joy! You have guts to be reading it AT the meeting. Oh man, I LOVE IT!

Thanks for the great start to my day! *grin*

• Pole
    Pole

Satanus,

It's none of my business, but since you've asked, I meant posts rather than topics:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/77948/1262148/post.ashx#1262148

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/77862/1260484/post.ashx#1260484

• sleepy
    sleepy

Not sure it is a good idea to charge people in order for them to find out the truth about the organisation you were once one of the leaders of.Ok books cost money to print so tyou would expect to pay , but why not put it on the internet?
    We all post what we can for free and most of us have no inside knowledge.
    I not trying to stop a man earning a living , but he was not the only guy to give up everything for the truth and be old with nothing thousands are in the same situation.
    I'm sure appresiative people would donate toward helping Franz out.
    But I must add I don't see other old ex-witness getting money for believing the same crap, is Franz considered a special case to some?
    I'd appresiate no rude replies just explaim what point I am missing if you believe I'm wrong.
    Just dont bring up any "poor old man crap", there are thousands of them.

• sleepy
    sleepy

And by the way I bought a copy myself.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Considering that Franz dedicated his life and worked as a slave writing books for free for the WTS only to be dumped on the street with little ability to support hinself I think the least we can do is pay him for his life's work. The man deserves a living doing what he does. And $15 is a pittance considering what a lot of books cost these days.

That being said, it would be nice to have a digital version of the book but until they find a way to make copying the book impossible I can see why a lot of people are not ready to put their works in e-form.

But I think getting a fake cover to put on the book or finding a good hiding place for those people who cannot risk being caught with it (and what does THAT tell you about the WTS) might be the only way to go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit