Article in Awake! is Truly Disturbing................

by Funchback 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Netty
    Netty

wanna,

I agree, thats what I was thinking. I didnt even read the whole thing all the way through because from what I remember from the Awake aritcles, they were never anywhere near that long. What gives?

• Scully
    Scully

I wonder if Nelly's mom reads JWD ....

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

maybe it was the " you can live forever in paradise" book that was released early 80s?

• archangel01
    archangel01

The JW prize is a Big Cup of Kool-Aid with an even Bigger Suprise

• Funchback
    Funchback

I'm sorry. Allow me to clarify:

It was "You Can Live Forever in Paradise Earth" (the red book). Sorry, I was a JW in the 70's-80's-90's. I only knew the red book as the "Paradise" book. My bad. I was only trying to shorten the article.

Also, more things about this story: The WTS publishing this crap is just plain wrong. She certainly didn't seem to have that "subjective" attitude that the JWs "claim" they have when living in a so-called divided household. It seems to me that any young JW-wanna-be who is living in a similar situation will do what they can to "escape" their "satanic" parents when they read this article, as though they have the "green light" from the WTS to do whatever you gotta to do to be a JW.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I didn't get far - this bit is disturbing enough

Nelly would eavesdrop on the study to "hear what was said about the Bible's hope of a paradise earth." Nelly came to "love Jehovah very much."

• Panda
    Panda

She should have cashed that check anyway.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Nothing is said about the "economy" of Nelly family, but someone that is in and out of the truth doesn't seem to be the kind of person that would have bound volumes to begin with?

If Nelly was having meetings on her own with a bible and a song book I can see why see might have grown to love Jehovah and felt his presence.

just my thoughts.

michelle

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    Every Sunday Nelly went to her room and had a pretend meeting. She sang "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize" at the beginning and end of each "meeting

This is not normal behaviour for a child. This story is just too unreal. Nelly is made out to be a saint, but with all of the dysfunction she was involved in during her life--Nelly is most likely to have some major issues herself. The message of this story was for the young people...

The message: "Look at poor Nelly--with all of the hardships and obstacles she endured she remained faithful to Jehovah. You think you've got problems kids? You're a bunch of wimps and losers and whatever misery you are going through is nothing compared to saintly Nelly. Now get out there and serve Jehovah and quit your complaining."

This is the disturbing part of the story for me--the message that is being conveyed by it. I don't even believe this story is true. If Nelly is a real person she may have made some of this stuff up herself. Who knows what she was doing in her bedroom on Sunday mornings? Unless there were two witnesses there (according to the WT) the real truth of a matter cannot be verified...

• Aaac
    Aaac

That article so much reminds me of this article (and the case of Bethany):

Young kids brainwashed. If I recall correctly, Bethany was promised to have her photo on the cover of the Awake magazine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit