What Qualities Did You Find Most Attractive In The Jehovah's Witnesses???

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

That there isn't a whole lot of them! Post 21 btw1

• Preston
    Preston
    What Qualities Did You Find Most Attractive In The Jehovah's Witnesses???

A nice ass, shaped and sculpted through years of rigorous field service involving long walks going from house to house... What kind of answer were you expecting?!? "The fruits of the Spirit"?

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

Honestly, their outer qualities are quite effective for their mission.I liked their sense of order, constant social interaction ( if you were approved ) and their structure that at least helped you to communicate w/ others. It is a shame that these are worthless when you have spent some time in it and find out it is pointless in view of the context that you are enjoying it.

• Monski
    Monski

I do feel I have gained some benefit from the JW experience. They teach you morals at least (I mean the difference between right and wrong)! I have also found it very easy to perform presentations and give talks in front of a room of people thanks to the Theocratic Ministry School. Secularly - most useful. It's just the spiritual side I find difficult to accept!

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

The ability to maintain double lives and standards.

Why attractive? Get two sexually repressed JWs together, you'll find out why!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The first meeting I ever attended was at the Westerville Ohio congregation, this was back sometime in 1992 I believe. I couldn't believe how friendly they were, and I believe it was genuine for the most part. I was mesmerized by the sincerity of belief, which seemed especially evident during the WT study with all the people holding their hands up to comment. I remember later that week telling a friend that I had found what I was looking for. I was so happy.

The last meeting I ever attended was at the Whitehall Ohio congregation, and it was bad to the point of being comical, the brother giving giving the public talk saying that Christian youths don't need to take a lot of math in school, this was one of many idiotic comments he made. The audience looked half-dead. Then the WT study with the conductor giving half or more of the answers due to lack of response from the audience. I wish *that* sort of meeting would have been my first! Then again, things changed a lot between 1992 and 2001.

• nowisee
    nowisee

when i was young and pioneering with my just out of bethel husband, we had nothing, we really took to heart all the admonitions about not being materialistic and seeking first the kingdom, etc......

many of the local witnesses were very generous to us (nevermind that THEY were stockpiling). nevertheless they were generous.

many also were very good cooks and lots of positive memories revolve around shared meals in various homes.

• pratt1
    pratt1

I have to admit, I always thought the training of their children from a young age to read and write and communicate early was a great quality of the JWs.

However when consider how they emotional and physically abuse these children and they mature in to adults bad parenting basically cancels out the good that could have come from the training of their children.

• RR
    RR
    What were you proud of regarding your position as a JW??????

That they kicked the liks of you out!

• Terry
    Terry

Ironically, what I most admired is what I now most abhor.

The will to be right!

The cost is too precious, however.

Right is filtered through the opinion of an elite group of navel-gazers. They simultaneously claim no inspiration and yet divine guidance. They are humans prone to mistakes and yet have the only true religion. They have often been wrong but you must demonstrate submissive obedience by swallowing any lump of phlegm they hack up as a pearl of wisdom and cry "Yummy" as it catches in your throat.

They have the will to be right. But, they have not the humility to admit how wrong they have always been.

In the end, what I find most attractive about Jehovah's Witnesses is that they do not wish to associate with me. I find that most comforting. It is I who must be on the right track.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit