What Qualities Did You Find Most Attractive In The Jehovah's Witnesses???

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One thing I took pride in as a Witnesss was that we KNEW our Bible. We could talk to any clergymen and smugly decimate them with our knowledge of the "truth".Of course, we bought into the thought that we didn't even need a high school diploma to be a real "minister of God".......What were you proud of regarding your position as a JW??????

• kls
    kls

Geez nothing . I must of been a really bad JW cause it all embarrassed me.I found nothing attractive about it.

• toreador
    toreador

Hmmm.......... Let me think..................... I am pulling a total blank here..........Nope, can't think of anything right now.

• micheal
    micheal

They have listened when I told them to go to hell and not call back again.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I liked the the mixed races of people in the congregations. We didn't think of one another as black or white.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Among some witnesses, I saw a certain stoicism regarding their (often poor) lot in life. I knew a lovely young woman with a husband and three little kids. These folks had absolutely no money, but they would give their last bowl of soup to a hungry stranger. They were the most generous, loving family I've ever had the privilege to know. I never once heard them complain about being poor; they were so dazzled by the vision of a paradise earth where they'd live for all eternity, this world's problems were insignificant to them. I do wonder how they'd be today if they'd stopped pioneering and gotten jobs that paid decently, but I don't think that will ever happen, unfortunately.

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

Some pholks sincerity of faith, albeit misplaced. Some of the best people I've known in my life are JW's. I miss them to this day (I've been out for several years). It's a shame how that religious sect takes relatively decent people and twists their mindset in order to alienate the world around them.

But to be fair, there are non-JW's with the same sincerity of faith. It's just I'm more familiar with the witnesses.

• blondie
    blondie

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Can I get back to you on that...maybe in about 50 years.

Blondie

Actually, I found that every one of them will in the end put their own skin ahead of yours. It's a cult, folks.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Blondie- in general I would agree with you on this point. However, this lady and her husband risked their own safety to help me during a very frightening time, when they were under no obligation to do so. They were too good for that cult.

• blondie
    blondie

I understand, Insomniac. But the question is, did they do it because of being JWs or just being basic good people regardless of religious affiliation. My observations over the last 50 years has been that maybe one or two people in a congregation would put themselves in danger for another peson (excluding close friends and family members, because non-JWs would do that).

Matthew 5:46-47

For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?

Love, Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit