How bitter are you?

by Joker10 49 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Toreador, well of coarse Joker is having fun here. It;s better then being with his own kind and apostates are loving people , something Joker needs to learn.

• toreador
    toreador

KLS,

I think you are right. A lot better than those back stabbin ol fogies at the hall. I think we must be growin on him.

Tor

• logansrun
    logansrun

Joker,

Instead of just giving us sound bytes of your sarcastic, condescending ideas, why don't you give us something more substantial? Ah, but that would mean creating a constructive dialogue using logical arguments and framing your position in an intelligent manner. Never mind.

B.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

As for myself...I'm just bitter enough to keep from being sickeningly sweet, sweet enough to keep from being butt-puckeringly sour, and sour enough to complement my salty humor which, in turn, keeps me from becoming too bitter. We've all got our own recipes and somebody's bound to like the way we mix it up. Each to their own.

• Lil OLady
    Lil OLady

Not bitter, but a grieving process occurs with the anniversary death of my daughter this month. Grieving that the religion crippled my growth; depried my children of loving relatives; years spent with people who I thought were my friends and never expressed sympathy at our loss. Tears are starting to come, must close.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Dear Lil OLady,

I'm so sorry for the grieving you must do. My heart goes out to you. Please know we are here for you as much we can be and care deeply for what you are going through.

Yours Truly,

Merry

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I am just happy and confident.

I am sorry for all of you, having a grief, bitter because of some lost, or for what reason.

Live is to short and to precious to live miserable.

• Iforget
    Iforget

Why oh why did Joker have to hit my biggest nerve. I am so sad and yet filled with hope that some day my dreams can be fullfilled and I can be good enough to see it all come true.

I am and will forever remain....

A Cub fan.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Thank you Mac, & same to you!

Seriously, I have met people that get hung up on some shit that happened to them years & years ago, & don't seem to make any effort to get over it. We are not the sum total of our childhood! Sure, it has it's effects, but if a person is 45 years old & still whining about some thing that happened 40 years ago, & using it as an excuse for all kinds of phobias & dysfunction, well that ain't living to me! It's dying, killing one's self slowly, but surely. It's an excuse not to give back to humanity or even progress in every day life.

Dr. Phil says there's always a payoff. Everyone wallowing in it & rehashing it needs to ask themselves what that pay off is. Is it for attention? An excuse not to make progress in life? An easy way out of actually helping someone else? An excuse to drink?

Sure it takes effort, but it's so worth the effort! How can we help anyone else if we aren't even trying to help ourselves?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

gypsy:

You say that people cannot get well, unles it's according to a schedule. Sorry... but ypu dont know. People get well when they get well.

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit