Hurricane Frances, The Good Before the Bad and Ugly

by jst2laws 17 Replies latest social current

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Chris,

Are you guys in harm's way?

We are directly in the middle of it's projected path, but as I said above:

"I fart in it's general direction".

Unless it becomes a class three hurricane or bigger we have little to nothing to worry about. And if it goes directly over us or just slightly to the east of us it will only drop rain on my thirty year garanteed shingle. But if it gets big and goes to the west of us we will have a significant storm surge from the ocean and may once again go fetching our furniture from the streets. But then, when the ocean enters your living room you don't have to go so far to connect with the wonderful world of nature.

If I wake up in the morning with sand in my shorts I will humbly retract my "fart in your general direction" remarks on this thread.

Jst2laws

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

I just thought I would give you a sample of what we went through in 1995. Same home we live in now.

Jst2laws

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

((((Steve and Joy)))) I was just watching the news and I'm hoping that you don't get anything worse than a category 1 storm. The rain it's dropping, though, is amazing! The pictures of the sunset were beautiful and the pictures of the damage from Opal are mind blowing Even though I've seen pictures of the damage that was done to your home before, it is very sobering to think of what happens when a strong storm goes through.

I agree with your comments about the weather channel

Please tie a rope to your son to keep him safe.

Love,

Dana

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Freefalling,

Looks Frances will be a tropical storm by the time it hits you guys.

Yeah, no sign yet of it gaining strength, and it is going toward Carabella east of us.

Dana, nice to hear from you.

Please tie a rope to your son to keep him safe.

He has friends over and plans to party all day and through the evening. They will not be surfing because the wind on this side of the storm is blowing off shore which makes the ocean flat. No waves.

Jst2laws

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Kind thoughts are being sent from downunder to you all there.

Ozzie and Mrs Ozzie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

FRENCH GUARD:
    So, you think you could out-clever us French folk with your silly knees-bent running about advancing behavior?! I wave my private parts at your aunties, you cheesy lot of second hand electric donkey-bottom biters. No chance, English bed-wetting types. I burst my pimples at you and call your door-opening request a silly thing, you tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms!
  • xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((Jst2))) I'm so glad you posted. I've been thinking about you and Joy and that surfer boy all morning while watching the weatherfolks repeat your location over and over again . I'm glad to hear that things are okay in your neck of that woods, as it were.

Looking at the pics you posted of Opal-OMG. It's a good thing you have experience in the construction trades eh? Such destruction !!

Hugs at ya from the north !!!

XW

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

Steve,

Thanks for posting, I was worried about you and your family. From the looks of things, it seems you might ride out the storm without too much trouble.

Be safe, and hugs to you and yours.

Michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit