Hurricane Frances, The Good Before the Bad and Ugly

by jst2laws 17 Replies latest social current

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

I'm am sympathetic for you who have been hit by Frances. We will have to share our pictures someday of the 1995 remodeling Hurricane OPAL did to us. And now we are in the path of Frances but hopefully she will not grow much in the gulf before reaching the Panhandle. But as I get ready for the hit I took a few pictures of the first of the long reaching bands to beautify our skys.

Below is more or less two panaramas from our deck seperated by about five minutes.

Jst2laws

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Pretty!!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hopefully you will be fortunate and the old adage will ring true. "Red skies at night, sailors delight." I hope she dies out before reaching you.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

WOW- Beautiful Steve !! It's amazing that something so beautiful can turn into something so destructive. Stay safe over there !!!!

XW

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Wildhorses,

I hope she dies out before reaching you.

We got hit bad by the class 4 Opal, and since then a class 1 and a class 2. There are only two things that could happen that would make this bad for us.

If it stays in the Gulf long enough to build up to a class 3 or 4 Or if it moves over us too slow and dumps a lot of water as it has in parts of south Florida.

Right now it doesn't look to intimidating and "I fart in it's general direction". and enjoy the beautiful skys. Stinky, Did you have any damage? Jst2laws

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

It shouldn't amount to anything. I am presuming it will wimp out ....

after all it does have FRANCE in its name.

heh heh heh

Uzzah

PS - the above post was made entirely with tongue firmly planted in cheek. I in no way am trying to take away from the serious of the hurricane and the threat it poses, nor am I trying to make this political.

PSS - remembering the days when you didn't have to post a qualifying statement when joking around.

PSSS - Very cool photos!!!!!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Steve-

Nope, no damage. It was loud, but fairly mild.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Zenawarrior,

Stay safe over there !!!!

XW

I'm sure we will be safe. Its my son who loves to surf the big waves during the storms that I'm worred about.

Uzzah,

Stinky,

Nope, no damage. It was loud, but fairly mild.

While watching the WeatherChannel correspondents I think maybe they have gone down to a storm sight with big fans and sprinklers to sensationalize the weather. I'm not minimizing real storms. I had over 200 thousand dollars of damage from Opal but NOBODY was down here then trying to capture a piece of a manufactured home's aluminum siding flying past their camera.

Jst2laws

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Fascinating pictures Steve. We've got a shot taken last year when we vistied as the desktop picture on our computer. It's interesting making the comparison between the two pictures.

Are you guys in harm's way?

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Beautiful pictures!!! Thanks for sharing.

Looks Frances will be a tropical storm by the time it hits you guys. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Kat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit