What's your favorite book?

by nb-dfed 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

The Buddha's Way - H. Saddhatissa (I actually met the author in the 1970s. Wonderful man. Sadly now deceased).

What the Buddha Taught - Walpola Sri Rahula

Life as a Siamese Monk - Richard Randall

The Three Pillars of Zen - Philip Kapleau

The Wheel of Life and Death - Philip Kapleau

The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying - Sogyal Rimpoche

Old Path White Clouds - Thich Nhat Hanh

David Copperfield - Charles Dickens

A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens

• Mac
    Mac

I almost got through "Dick and Jane"...... but, Spot was such a complex and tortured soul that even the soothing presence of Tim and Sally were not enough to salve the discomfort of wounds reopened .....ushered forth in such subliminal manner and at an age so delicate... forcing me to venture, once again, into places I was not yet prepared to revisit.

mac, perhaps, someday class( oh see mac, silly, silly mac..see mac run..........I can tell ya where to place yer little red wagon........grrrrrrrrrrrr.....)

• RR
    RR

"Revelation its Grand Climax at hand" But piece of Science Fiction I ever read!

• Terry
    Terry

Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T.E.Lawrence

10 Philisophical Mistakes by Mortimer J.Adler

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I do have favorite writers more then favorite books. But when I have to name a book, is should be from a Dutch writer:

Olaf J. de Landel : "Ave Eva" - a love story full of humor

Among lots of others from the same writer.

Nearly all the books of Heinlein - Asimov - Herbert - Harrison - van Vogt - MacDonald (Ballroom of the skies) Georgette Heyer - Mercedes Lackey .

In fact to much to name.

But the first mentioned book I bought 3 times: it did'nt return after somebody lent it from me, so I bought a new one - lent it out again and did'nt receive it back. Bought it again - and whenever somebody want te read it, it have to be at my place.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz

• dh
    dh

bank book

cheque book

• scotsman
    scotsman
    bank book

cheque book

My god, they're a blast from the past!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

LOL @ Mac. Dude, that was funny!

Dana

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I thought it was favorite book of the Bible. I would go with Luke. What an opening! All those wonderful characters introduced and sorrowfully, not fleshed out enough.

CAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit