Who was the first person to respond to your very first JWD post?

by doodle-v 35 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

Shamus responded to my first post about annoying kingdom songs. You still crack me up bud.

So do remember who first responded to your first JWD post? can you remember without looking?

-Doodle-V

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Sorry I had too look.

happyoutRe: New Here

Post 72 of 833
    since 02-Dec-02

Hi Stephanie, and welcome. Are you an ex dub, or just know some dubs? You will find a wonderful variety of people and experiences on this board, and you can have fun with many of the posters here. Glad to have you!!
    IP: 12lCI1N5hB6sHlI2
    cruzanheartRe: New Here

Post 369 of 3755
    since 08-Jul-02

48 y 9 m 4 d

Welcome, Stefanie! Big Tex and I are from the Dallas area. Have fun reading - there is a lot to absorb but you will find lots of interesting stuff, people you can relate to, things that will make you laugh and cry, and a place to vent, heal and generally be yourself. Start talking, girl!

Love and hugs,

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Ok, I won't look yet; I believe it was either Minimus or Run don't walk.

Now I'll go check and get back to you Doodle!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Dansk was the first to respond to me:

WELCOME, FLYINGHIGHNOW.

We hope you enjoy it here.

Dansk & Family

Dear Dansk, I hope the prayers really helped boost you on your way to robust health. Your welcome really meant a lot to me. That was almost a year ago. Flyin'
  • Margie
    Margie

Elsewhere responded to my first thread, which I believe was my second post, but the first one to get a response. Thanks, Elsewhere. You made me feel welcome here.

• blondie
    blondie

It was so long ago...I posted to a question that Thinker had about whether the WTS taught that a creative day was 7,000 years long any more. I had just been researching that and was still an "active" JW but lurking on JWD.

I just had to post. He answered and so did Crossroads. I don't see them posting any more.

Then I posted my first topic on what does "freeness of speech" mean since what I understood the Bible to mean and how the elders were applying it were not compatible. I got a little more response that way with a very good answer from Nicodemus (who doesn't post either any more).

In those days, I felt a little ignored, not the greetings to new ones like there is today. The first one that really greeted me was Gopher as a new poster. It was pretty frightening for me as a JW to be posting thinking the internet police were watching.

I am glad to see that new ones are welcomed more here now and that we take the time to acknowledge birthdays and mileposts in longevity on JWD.

Blondie

• Xena
    Xena

Tatiana....I miss her

• shera
    shera

I had to look as well.

Outnfree was the first.

• Satanus
    Satanus

A bit off the question; dogpatch responded to my question about dungeons and dragons by referring me to here. Patio, the wife of the silent lambs guy kind of befriended me here. She had to leave after a while. I salute the kindness of these two people.

S

• shera
    shera

This is my first topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit