Did Jesus and Peter miss something in the story of Flood?

by Pole 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

my-michelle,

The title "Lord of spirits" in the Book of Enoch (which incidentally is not in your Bible, although it is quoted in Jude) most probably refers to God as the Lord of angels, or "watchers", who are a prominent feature in this book.

We may well be "on the brink" of many disasters, but a global one is not a very likely scenario IMHO.

Narkissos -- who's never been a wise son I'm afraid...

• myelaine
    myelaine

Narkissos,

The Lord of the Spirits is judging the host but, the kings of the earth "see" Him doing that. Now we can't see any of the spiritual stuff now, can we?This would be happening after the body dies.

I will set a sign in the heaven.

Also notice that God set a sign in heaven, In the book of revelation all of the signs of the end of times(Armeggedon) come from heaven. God gives "angels" the go ahead to destroy earth. With what? All the wrath and indignation that man has heaped on God since time began. How? We see it now, nuclear weapons, biological warfare, and crimes of all kinds. I wouldn't say it is a time to say "peace and security", which is not far from where you're coming from is it?

That's why He said IN VAIN he wiped all that was EVIL off of the face of the earth in the flood. Man didn't heed His advice and keep in His ways and look where we are.

michelle

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    Anyway your JW answer would solve my question in a JW fashion.

Profound statement! Here's another "JW answer":

Don't forget that the inspired words of Jesus and Paul's mention of the flood prove this event in Bible history (after all, Jesus was watched the flood happen).

The flood of Noah's day and the destruction of an ungodly world is a foregleam and proof of impending Armegeddon.

They prove each other! I'm convinced.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Hm. I reckon they were pretty crazy. They were just wrong, is all. No biggie. Lots of folks have been wrong and still been good people.

I think that the "flood" was local - and if God intervened and told Noah to build an ark, it was mostly just to serve as a warning to those around him who refused to believe that God ever would intervene. I guess it's just a parable to warn those that God will not tolerate wickedness forever.

CZAR

• Pole
    Pole

double post

• Pole
    Pole
    Don't forget that the inspired words of Jesus and Paul's mention of the flood prove this event in Bible history (after all, Jesus was watched the flood happen).

Lol. So we have the testimony of an eye-witness (Jesus). Furthermore, we know that Jesus is in charge of the true Christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, therefore we can trust all the explanations provided by the F&D Slave Class - Jehovah's sole channel of communication.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Narkissos....1 Enoch 7:5 also tries to resolve the difficulty of explaining why the animals were killed by making them equally guilty in wickedness and corruption: "And they [the giants] began to sin with birds, and with animals, and with reptiles, and with fish," and Jubilees 5:2, 7:24 and especially Midrash Tanchuma, Noach 12 goes on to describe the animals desiring "other flesh," with animals having sex "with those not of their species, horse with donkey and donkey with horse and snake with bird," and so on.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Narkissos,

In VAIN God destroyed ALL evil on the face of the earth.

michelle

• Annanias
    Annanias

Your explanations are cool. But hey, what about this. Just suppose, just suppose, that God destroyed the earth with an actual global flood that condensed an actual cloud canopy. (Anybody read any Velikovsky? "When Worlds Collide") And, that because sunlight was now able to get thru the atmosphere unobstructed, a rainbow could now be seen, and that God's statement that he'd never bring another great big flood meant nothing more than just what he said. No connection to the future, the bugs, the animals, future people, nothing. Maybe he will decide to destroy the earth again, but this time he'll use fire, or ice, or polka music, but it has no conncetion with the flood. Just suppose.

• kls
    kls

Anna, i will take it all, flood what ever just not polka music. Oh the cruelty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit