Do you miss your parents?

by cyberguy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I don't miss my dad but I still want to call my mother fairly often, though she died 8 years ago. The impulse to call her, with a consciousness that she was still alive, finally stopped last year. The recollection that she was gone would happen in an instant, but still, every day or so for years I would want to talk to her, and then have to realize she was gone.

kls, a lot of us had it bad/weird/heartless growing up but I've never heard anything like what you lived with, ever.

((((kls))))

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    NO

Father--unrepentant sexual abuser

Mother--unrepentant accomplice

End of story

Blondie

Ditto I sometimes wonder what life would have been if my parents were different but that is fantasy stuff - a place I don't visit too often.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I miss both of them: my father died 12 years ago, my mother nearly two years ago.

It ain't easy knowing that I can never ask them anything again, or tell them when something nice happened.

• RR
    RR

My parents aren't dead ... and I don't miss them!

RR

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

My dad is dead, and I think about him every day.

As for my mom. I do miss her. Not to worry, I'll just throw bigger objects at her whenever she bothers my girlfriend again with her religious crap.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

My mother died in 1989. The world is a better place without her around to cause trouble. I don't miss her.

I haven't seen my father since 1992. I rarely think of him, much less miss him.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

There's a lot of pain here! I guess that IF we had lived under "normal" conditions we might ALL miss out folks, but I understand that, where there's been abuse, there's no love-loss! Still there's a natural longing to love and be loved by our parents! True? Anyway, the Watchtower "truth" may have blinded our parents (including some of us for a time), and created a very difficult situation at this point!

Take care all, and thanks for your kindly replys!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit