Haereticus

Can you give us a translation?

Äh, uh, kääk, close enough would be:

Female priesthood from a viewpoint of the Bible and the Confession

Mark

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Hummm....

Trying to finish PREY by Michael Crichton--been working on it on my last 2 plane trips.

Ancient Christian Gospels, Their History and Development, by Helmut Koester -- just started, very interesting.

Expert One-on-one, J2EE Development without EJB -- tech book. I usaully cover about 250-400 pages of technial/marketing/engineering references per week.

Watchtower + Awake! --- Whoops, sorry! -- hehe

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Now reading "COMEBACK" by Dick Francis and anything else he (and his wife) author. Great reading without using much reasoning! (Most reasoning was wasted in my jdub years) And have also read most of Clive Cussler......and love his way with the underwater.....

It doesn't take much mental anguish to read these authors..............their writings are recreational rather than doctrinal. Wild & Crazy almost like "big boy" comic books without the artwork.

HappyDad

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I just finished a good one by Robin Norwood, very enlightening, though only applicable to my life in principle rather than direct circumstance. And I've been trying to finish an Elizabeth George murder mystery for a couple of months, "In Pursuit of the Proper Stranger."

Before that, I read a number of other historical murder mysteries and all the Jane Austen sequels and novel fragments.

A couple of months ago I finished "In Search of Christian Freedom" and re-read "Crisis of Conscience."

I've just read 2 books on helping family and others out of the Watchtower; I need to devote more time to those and I will soon; I was just a little burned out after all my research on Jehovah's Witnesses recently.

Next I have lined up "Gotham Diaries" by Tonya Lewis Lee and "Hide Yourself Away" by Mary Jane Clark, and Anthony Robbins' "Get the Edge."

Looking forward to all of it!

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

"Our Lady of Darkness", a mystery by Peter Tremayne which I keep trying to finish.

"Wicca- A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner" by Scott Cunningham.

"Buddhism for Beginners" by Thubten Chodron.

And, ok, I'll 'fess up, "Stop the Insanity" by Susan Powter.

I'm just picking away at these books, and will likely not finish any of them anytime soon, but they're all pretty good reads.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

The Power of Now - about just being

Thick Face Black Heart -- Asian business philosophy

Deep Descent -- about scuba diving the Andrea Doria

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

The Romulan Prize by Simon Hawke.
    Reading Star Trek books is one of my guilty pleasures.

CountryGuy

• Navigator
    Navigator

The Disappearence of the Universe by Gary Renard. It deals with some 17 visits to Gary by two Ascended Masters who were the diciples Thomas, and Thaddeus in a former life.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I am almost finished with "Younger Women, Faster Airplanes & Bigger Crocodiles". The title is completely misleading and has nothing to do with the actual content of the very small paperback about the life of Dr. Arthur Jones.

Anyone with a love of fitness, strength training, power lifting, olympic lifting or plain old body building would enjoy perusing thru the life and times of a man who changed forever the way people exercise as much as Jack La Lanne. Very interesting.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

THE THREE ROADS TO THE ALAMO--The Lives and Fortunes of David Crockett, James Bowie, and William Barret Travis by William C. Davis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit