What book are you reading now?

by ozziepost 36 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Awakening of a Witness--Diane Wilson

30 Years a WT Slave--Schnell

Vindication 1-3 (Rutherford and by his report the angels and God)

We are the Pharisees--Kathleen Kern

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I'm on the fifth volume of the House of Niccolo series by Dorothy Dunnett.

Interesting mix of historical figures,medieval times and events with appealing characters and long developing plots. I thought it started off rather dry but once the slow start is over its an appealing progression.

• glitter
    glitter

"The Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse" by Robert Rankin. Like a fairytale for grownups... brilliant so far.

I recently finished "Join Me" by Danny Wallace - he's started a cult collective which is much much nicer than the JWs - it's lovely.

I read the first "Left Behind" book about 2 weeks ago - was it meant to be that hilarious? :D

• VM44
    VM44

Creation (1927) by Judge J. F. Rutherford

--VM44

• Carmel
    Carmel

"Common Fate" by Joseph Cone

• doogie
    doogie

"The Fermata" by Nicholson Baker

this guy is an amazing author. very interesting style. the book is hilarious too (he reminds me a little of Chuck Palahniuk)

its about a guy who can stop time and what he does while time is stopped (i only just started it, but so far i love it)

• neverthere
    neverthere

"Raising Abel" by W. Micheal and Kathleen Gear

"The Witches Bible" by Stewart and Janet Farrar

"Buckland's Big Book of Witchcraft" (also referred to as Uncle Bucky's big blue book) by Raymond Buckland

• shamus
    shamus

Good thread, Ozzie. I am going to read that book! That's the very next read on my list.

I am reading The Tibetan Book Of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche (like you ever heard that name before).

If you enjoyed A Clockwork Orange, try Marabou Stork Nightmares by Irvine Welsh.

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

Martin Lindström - Naispappeus Raamatun ja tunnustuksen näkökulmasta

Mark

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mark:

Can you give us a translation?

ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest