Suicide Update 8-31-04 and How You Can Help

by Corvin 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

During the second world war, Churchill had citizens rounding up pots. For the war effort. In the fight for your children, you have given us a way to help. Sometimes the best thing for morale is to galvanize the troops for action. Thank you for giving us a way to respond, more than merely sitting on the sidelines, cheering.

I once hired a spunky girl who attacked her job with gusto. She lives life to the full, laughing all the way. After I had got to know her a bit, I sat her down and asked her if she had ever been through a major crisis in her life. I sensed that I was in the company of a fellow survivor. I was. She had attempted suicide only a few years ago. After turning the corner, she had determined to live her life to the full forever afterwards.

I wish the same for your Nancy, Corvin. I hope this can be a turning point for her, that she faces down the darkness, and determines to live in the light the rest of her livelong days.

• kls
    kls

Yes Corvin you have found your soul-mate in Mary. With love you too have for each other there is nothing you can't do. She is indeed a wonderful lady My hopes go out to all of you for this nightmare to end

• codeblue
    codeblue

Corvin, I am so happy to hear that Nancy is doing better!

I don't have any info to help you (never been in your circumstance) but my thoughts are with you and your family to hope that soon you will have a sense of "peace".

You sure sound much better as well, and more than likely your lovely wife has been a great pillar of strength to you during this time. It was sweet of you to "honor" her with your endearing comments!

Many hugs to all of you.

Codeblue

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm glad to hear that nancy is responding well.

Can I make a really strong recommendation, here, though?
    Why not run this idea past stillconcerned to see if it's viable, before folks start going to that level of effort.

Personally I get VERY twitchy when I hear requests for personal information over the net (no offence Corvin).
    Have you looked on Randy's site for testimonial? You can guarantee that folks writing there are completely secure in their writings being publicised.

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Why not run this idea past stillconcerned to see if it's viable, before folks start going to that level of effort.

Personally I get VERY twitchy when I hear requests for personal information over the net (no offence Corvin).
    Have you looked on Randy's site for testimonial? You can guarantee that folks writing there are completely secure in their writings being publicised

You really do make an excellent point and your words are a practicle cautionary for everyone and I appreciate it. That is why I stipulated only if you felt comfortable and safe.

I will take your suggestion and run with it, Littletoe.

Any others who would like to share, please know that the information you may give me will be for the sole benefit of my daughter and other JW kids out there.

Corvin

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Just to follow up on Little Toe's comment, once you have hired yourself a lawyer, get all letters, testimonials sent directly to the lawyer. It is safer all around. (Your personal documents can be subpeonaed whereas documents in the posssession of a lawyer are more difficult to obtain.)

This way no-one can ever make claim that you were personally collecting private information about those that participate here.

Uzzah

PS (added by edit) - The Legal process is not a greyhound ...more like a snail. there is no immediate rush to have these personal experiences sent to you is there? Did you follow up with the contact information I gave you?

• awoke
    awoke

I'm so sorry to hear of your families issues. I just wanted to mention that also on Randy's site is information relating to custody battles. I believe his site has copies of documents that are given to JW families going through custody battles telling them that it is okay to lie in court. I'm sure your attorney and judge would appreciate seeing that JWs even encourage their own children to lie on the stand. It will also help your attorney see what he/she will be up against in a custody battle with a JW. There is a lot of info here:

http://www.freeminds.org/legal/legal.htm

Best wishes...

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Corvin, thinking of you man. You're doing a great job for standing up to those monsters and taking care of your daughter. You deserve a huge pat on the back and I hope things can get better for you soon.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thank you for the updates. I don't have a story to share but I send you positive thoughts for your struggle.

Hugs to you all.

• Odrade
    Odrade

No kids here, and my own experience never resulted in the kind of turmoil your girls are going through, but I wanted you all to know I'm thinking of you and wishing the best.

O

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit