2am visit from elders. Car chase!

by kwintestal 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

If I hadn't experienced stuff like this first hand, I would have a hard time believing you...lol. But I know it's true. It must be more fun to stake out people than to do 'real' shepherding work. Wasn't it Paul that counseled Timothy about 'tending to orphans and widows"? He must have inadvertently left out the part about 'chasing them down on their camel'....

• core
    core

Philippians 1:10 "...that you make sure of the more important things"

doubt this is what Paul meant

• undercover
    undercover
    I knew an elder who became a JW after he was married. His wife, a non-JW, hated it and finally divorced him over it. He wanted to remarry but didn't have "scriptural grounds" so he and another JW started staking out her house at night. Finally, one night they saw a guy coming out of her house in the early AM and, since this was considered proof of adultery with the required two witnesses, he was considered free to remarry.

I knew someone in this exact position and did the same thing....and I helped him do it. I feel stupid about it now.

I don't doubt any of the stories that I have heard about how people are followed, watched, tapped, etc. but I have to admit that during my time of trying to fade away, no one has bothered to do any of these things to me. To pull those stunts would actually help my case. No, they are much more sneaky. They use family to try to make me feel guilty. They go after a sense of urgency of the times and guilt of how I turned away from family. I feel that these tactics are harder to combat than that of a over-righteous busy body who takes divine law into his own hands.

• shamus
    shamus

Why run? I would have put on a mask.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    They make the taliban look tame,the nazi's look nice and they make charlie manson look like charlie brown.Predators and psychopaths.

Ahem - wouldn't go quite that far, but yes, it is an extreme case.

• Badger
    Badger

2 AM...I've never heard THAT before...but NOTHING these guys pull shocks me.

But you can't fault their dedication...a Stakeout? geez...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Looking back I know for a fact that my dad was involved in such things... as a kid I just didn't realize it at the time.

He was always busy with his "elder business"... endless meetings, phone calls all hours of the day and night all the time... it was not uncommon for him to receive a phone call late at night and then dash out the door saying something about "elder business".

Regarding car chase... I would much preferred to screw around with them by turning onto a side street and driving reeeeeally slow.

• Margie
    Margie
    Looking back I know for a fact that my dad was involved in such things... as a kid I just didn't realize it at the time.

He was always busy with his "elder business"... endless meetings, phone calls all hours of the day and night all the time... it was not uncommon for him to receive a phone call late at night and then dash out the door saying something about "elder business".

That would be a great cover if he were having an affair.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    That would be a great cover if he were having an affair.

Yup! I agree!

Maybe this is why so many elders can get away with having affairs for so long.

• Margie
    Margie
    Maybe this is why so many elders can get away with having affairs for so long.

LOL, yet another way the WTS discriminates against women!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit