Is the Watchtower "Be Happy@Bethel" music video a United Nations promotion?

by OUTLAW 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

My mom loved the happy video that I sent her. She thought the first caleb video was a mockery/satire. I guess they are getting better? Or would it be worse? 

My mom has been associated with JWs since she was in diapers.

I haven't asked her or shown her any of the other Caleb-ish videos-I know the WT is clear about being the source now, so she accepts them (though she nearly disowned me for the first one! I had QUITE the bad attitude to send her that kind of cr*p don'tcha know!)

• Glitchy
    Glitchy

The Watchtower IS currently part of the UNITED NATIONS as an NGO member of the OSCE (Organization for Security and Co-Operation in Europe) which follows the UN CHARTER.

THREE  Watchtower Branches attended the "Review Conference in WARSAW  September 30 - October 8, 2010". They are listed as NGOs on Page 2, 10, and 23. They are listed as:

1. Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia ( second on page 2)
    2. European Association of Jehovah Christian Witnesses, United Kingdom (second on page 10)
    3. Counsel General for Jehovah's Witnesses, Patterson, NY USA (8th on page 23)

You can see the complete list here:

http://www.osce.org/home/72039?download=true

During the Istanbul Summit in 1999, the OSCE stated their full allegiance to the UN Charter, you can see that statement here:

http://www.osce.org/mc/17502?download=true

This statement is found in the OSCE Charter, which was adopted during the Istanbul Summit in 1999, it is on page 4:

"  II.  OUR COMMON FOUNDATIONS

7. We reaffirm our full adherence to the Charter of the United Nations... We reaffirm the OSCE as a regional arrangement under Chapter VIII of the Charter of the United Nations..." 

It is clear that the OSCE follows the UN Charter. That makes Watchtower, an NGO member of the OSCE,  part of the UN.

As many here may know, JWs have been all but been banned in Russia. The Watchtower continued to make submissions to the United Nations Human Rights Committee as recently as 2013 and 2014. This shows they are presently NGOs members within the OSCE.

Here is a link to a submission they presented to UN Human Rights in 2013:

http://www2.ohchr.org/English/bodies/hrc/docs/NGOs/EAJCWitnesses_Ukraine_HRC108.pdf

Starting on page 11 of that submission to the UN Human Rights Committee, you can see the destruction of KH's and other violence toward JWs in Ukraine.

Albeit Watchtower is a hypocrite, I strongly believe in freedom of religion, freedom of speech and all human rights inherent to us as humans.

So this video, hmmm...perhaps a way to show their allegiance to the UN in a very 'Faithful and Discreet' way?

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

OKAY SO JUST GOT AN EMAIL FROM MY SISTER WHO ALWAYS FORWARDS ANY JW STUFF AS SHE IS A TOTAL JDUB AND WILL NEVER CHANGE AND SHE DOESNT KNOW THAT I AM FADING.

THE EMAIL READS...

Regarding the happy video... Hello all,

My name is Josh Chang and I was one of the producers and creators of the video. Thank you for your appreciation of the video. It took many hours and a lot of effort to create.

The thing is, it was meant for a private audience and spreading it around is causing potential legal issues with the song copyright as well as the fact that we did not obtain releases from all the almost 900 participants who were in the video. Also, it might cause issues with our assignments here at Bethel, which would be heartbreaking.

Therefore, we are requesting that you please inform everyone you notified as well as deleting all copies that you may have downloaded or been sent. Please do not post it or share it. Also, if you have, please notify those individuals to do the same. This is especially critical if you have posted it in a format that allows others to download it.

Thank you so much for your support and understanding.

Your brother,

josh I 24655 I US-RDC I WATCHTOWER [BROOKLYN]

JUST THOUGHT YOU ALL MIGHT FIND THIS VERY INTERESTING.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

WHATSGOINGON: Tell the person who sent that email that he can sue me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Therefore, we are requesting that you please inform everyone you notified as well as deleting all copies that you may have downloaded or been sent. Please do not post it or share it. Also, if you have, please notify those individuals to do the same. This is especially critical if you have posted it in a format that allows others to download it.

I`LL TAKE THAT AS A "NO"..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Happy @ Bethel..

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

That video has been downloaded and will live forever. I guarantee that it will pop up from time to time no matter if the Watchtower or Josh Chang or whoever wants it to disappear. It is saved for posterity and promises to play right next to Charles Russell's "Photodrama of Creation" and the Charles Sinutko "Stay Alive 'til '75" speech.

Some things from the past will never die. More things from the future will never die. I promise...

JV

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

We should promote the heck out of the WT video!!! Imagine when news headlines show,  Watchtower Bible and Tract Society win the contest partnering with United Nations for happiness! 

• stillin
    stillin

Back on topic, so the WT STILL IS an NGO.!?

wow. If the terms of being an NGO with the UN are the same as they were in the 90's this is going to get really interesting for those of us who saw the UN portrayed as a pack of demons by the WT.

• cofty
    cofty
    The Watchtower IS currently part of the UNITED NATIONS as an NGO member of the OSCE

How does attending a conference as an NGO make them part of the UN?

The scandal back in 92 was that they applied to be a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) Associate Member of the United Nations Department of Public Information (UN DPI). (quoted from JWFacts)

There are thousands of NGOs that are not members of the UN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit