my emotions are a roller coaster

by karategirl 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

qwerty,

: I lost all my big heart to heart posts on H2O when that folded the first time. I wished I'd backed them up when I had the chance.

There is a web site that has an archive of most of the H20 threads. I don't have the link handy, but someone may provide it. If not, PM Joseph Malik. He wrote a search engine for it, and will likely still have the link.

Good to cya back!

Farkel

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

Dear Farkel
    What was the deal with H20...I always hear people talking about it! What was it, and why is it always referred to in the past tense, as if it has passed away?

• Netty
    Netty

Hello, I posted something very similar just recently.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/76849/1.ashx

We are going through somthing very similar.

Take care and good luck with everything!

Netty

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

karategirl,

It's obvious that many of us have had similar feelings. :) I left the "borg" about 8 years ago and exploring my way around this forum has brought back some memories and also led me to remember things that I had repressed. I thought I had left it all behind, but apparently, I still have some things to work out. It can be very emotional, but leaving the JW's can be pretty traumatic too You can be as open as you want to be. No one really expects you to bare your soul. But, if you want to do that, I am pretty confident that the people around here will embrace you with open arms.

Welcome, welcome, welcom! Hope to see you here often.

PS--the first week after I was turned on to this place, I got absolutely NOTHING done at work. I contracted a pretty serious case of JWDitis and still haven't gotten over it !

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

mary magdaline: i can understand how you fell about you mom trying to brainwash your child. i don't know if there is a nice to handle it. my advice is to nip it at the bud. tell mom she is not to talk about jehovah, study any wt books, or think she is going to take you baby to the hall. and to please respect your wishes, and we will have a happy relationship. i'm sure you will get better advice from others on how to deal with your mom. buts that's my way. john

• seven006
    seven006

Roller coasters are fun, exciting, scary, and there is a thrill and feeling of uneasiness and anticipation as you go up that first big hill, then you experience the wild ride. The dips, the upside down roll overs, the gravity deifying side spins, and sometimes the head spinning cork screw. You are in another place as you ride and you feel many different psychical and mental jolts of excitement, fear and stomach in your throat exhilaration. Then, you slow down and relive the whole experience in your mind as you ease into the same place you started.

Some throw up and never ride again. Some cant wait to get back in line, and some stager around for a while, think about it, and decide they conquered some sort of inner fear and decide the ride was more thrilling than it was scary. Then they slowly walk back and get in line.

Life as a JW and an exJW, as well as posting on this board are emotional and mental roller coasters. You've just rolled back into the place you started a long time ago. Stagger around a while, buy yourself a Pepsi and decide what you want to do. The roller coaster will always be here.

Dave

• avishai
    avishai
    I was even trying to help others right away because I have been out for ten years already

Well, that's a part of healing. welcome, and jump right in!! It can be prudent to not say anything you don't want to though, You'll post it when your ready, and we're OK with that.

• karategirl
    karategirl

Thank you so much everyone. Someone in chat last night warned me of the personal info. never really thought about it since I only have a very distant relative still in. all of my sibblings have left now and I have absolutely no tie with any dubs. don't even live in a town where I attended a congregation. Still good info to know.

I think the anonymity and the similarity of views just made me gush. For years I just didn't think about my childhood or talk about it much to anyone. I moved around a lot after leaving and never really got close to many people. Plus facing the truth about the "truth" meant admitting my mother, whose death propelled me towards being DF'd, was wrong. Now I am in a good place in life. Stopped running, formed a "family" and support system, going through therapy, living more healthy. Just trying to regain myself. The anger began to build as I began to confront it. Then it got to where most around me had comprehended all that they could. I needed to talk more and understand more. Then my sister sent me here.

I'm sure I will plateau and chill after awhile. Thanks for bearing with me.

• avengers
    avengers
    I really don't know you guys.

Maybe you should attend some of the "apostofests". Bet you find some really good friends.
    If my memory serves me well, there is one in Oregon the 9th. of October.

Have fun........Andy

• Farkel
    Farkel

Nancy,

: What was the deal with H20...I always hear people talking about it! What was it, and why is it always referred to in the past tense, as if it has passed away?

Up until 2001 it was the premier JW discussion board. Just about anyone who was a serious player in the JW discussion arena posted there. The owner of the board was a JW apologist who was very erratic emotionally. He allowed it to be over moderated and then topics started getting deleted for no reason and without any accountability.

When the major players who had posted there since about 1996 got disgusted and left, so did every one else. It became a discussion board desert almost over night. I believe the site is still up, but it's deader than a Fred Franz prediction these days.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit