my emotions are a roller coaster

by karategirl 20 Replies latest jw friends

• karategirl
    karategirl

when i first got on this site a few days ago i felt so much relief and joy. I was even trying to help others right away because I have been out for ten years already. Now I am finding that other people's comments and memories are bringing up so many of my own that I have suppressed for years. this is just like being in group therapy all over again. relief, pain, happiness, comraderie all in one. I feel that I am saying way too much about myself. not sure if it is ok to be so open. especially about my family. I really don't know you guys. yet at the same time i can't seem to log off. i was late for work today because i stayed on so late last night.

thanks

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Congradulations. You have what certian doctors call "JWDitis". You're literally addicted to JWD and you can't live without it.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

There is nothing more addicting than stumbling on a group of people that understand what you went through better than you could ever explain to someone who has never been there themselves.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

karategirl... you're not the only one! I'm not the only one! Cool. I seem to have come down with a pretty bad case of JWDitis myself and feel like I'm processing way too much too fast but don't know how to slow down. I seem to be ravenous and fevered. I guess that's partly because my JW mom is pushing me to bring my daughter to meetings and to start leaving her with her for extended periods of time. I so do not want her to start trying to indoctrinate my innocent one with that stuff, so I need to find a clear, concise, and very nice way of telling her why (and there is just no nice way to say some of this stuff, I fear). And I gotta do it quick. I can feel it building (the push) and I want to be ready.

Sorry for running off at the keyboard like that. What I meant to say was W E L C O M E . It sounds like we may be going through similar emotions in discovering this site. Look forward to reading further posts from you...! --MM

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Hey karategirl (cool name, by the way!),

Welcome to the board! When I first got here, I spent every waking minute of about a week or so writing long posts, stories, experiences, you name it. It was a great way to process things and move into the next stage. As long as it's helping you, I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about. (It might be a good idea to withhold some person details, however, if you fear they might be traced back to your friends and family. WT operatives have been known to do that.)

I hope you find a lot of good friends and information here. Looking forward to seeing you around!

SNG

• qwerty
    qwerty

Hi Karategirl

Welcome to da board.

I lost all my big heart to heart posts on H2O when that folded the first time. I wished I'd backed them up when I had the chance.

Qwerty

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I could have just about written that post myself Karategirl.

I don't post a lot as privacy is a problem and the Missus thinks you lot (and me) are being used by Datan the Sevil, but I do check the site out every time I get a chance.

...I haven't been too late for work, but I have been rather bleary eyed after a few late night sessions.

• Scully
    Scully

Hi karategirl and welcome!

It's a good idea to be careful about what personal details you post here or on any online venue. But I'm glad you feel so comfortable with many of us having shared similar experiences.

Love, Scully

PS: Check your Personal Messages (PM) by clicking the link at the top right of the screen.

• dh
    dh

hi, welcome to the board. i agree with what everyone has said, be careful that you don't give your phone number out to anyone except me.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome aboard, karategirl! May I add my warm congrats to those of everybody else... This board IS special , because only those of us who have experinced life in JWland can understand what its like .. We have been there and done it. I count myself lucky for having had a stable family, but kick myself for wasting so much of my life to the borg...ah well!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit