Peace and Security

by Mystery 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

The "Peace and Security" will be significant when it applies to Israel, and Palestine. Not too long from now..............

BB

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    Like so many ex-JW's my pump has been primed with all the "signs" of the Last Days. Nine-eleven was certainly Apocalyptic as is the whole Middle East Muslim vs Christian situation. But, once I dig around in the roots of my trepidations I discover a poorly constructed scenario by an amateur mystery writer. Ask yourself a question. Why would god plot his novel in such a haphazard and obscure manner? If we are to believe the story the way it is laid out in Scripture, then, Jehovah (or his ghost writers) need to go to screenplay class at the local college. Why not just DO what he has to do? Why turn it into sleuthing, clue-dropping, secrets-to-be-discovered, mysteries to unfold and timeline puzzles? Why doesn't God just do what needs to be done? The way scripture tells it, God is performing one looooooong striptease! And all of mankind has to sit around waiting for him to drop his shorts! We are supposed to sit on the collective edge of our seats waiting for Jesus to do the Full Monty.

Balderdash! By: Terry

First of all, what a disgusting and disrespectful metaphor...........you will soon learn your position in life Terry. If God revealed his true purpose to let's say, the apostle Paul, then Paul would have certainly been discouraged knowing that prophecies would have been fulfilled thousands of years later. Who are you to question what God does? You simple pathetic man.......... Brownboy

• myelaine
    myelaine

Brownboy, It is true that Terry chose his words badly but you don't have to call people names. I don't think that Terry wants to know God, it isn't because he is simple or pathetic, it's probably more of a once bitten, twice shy thing..

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    Brownboy, It is true that Terry chose his words badly but you don't have to call people names. I don't think that Terry wants to know God, it isn't because he is simple or pathetic, it's probably more of a once bitten, twice shy thing..

Thanks for your comment. Just to clarify, we are all simple and pathetic in comparison to God...... Brownboy

4 entries found for pathetic.

pa·thet·ic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ppa·thet·i·cal (-
    adj.
    1. Arousing or capable of arousing sympathetic sadness and compassion: ?The old, rather shabby room struck her as extraordinarily pathetic? (John Galsworthy).
    2. Arousing or capable of arousing scornful pity.
  • Bubbamar
    Bubbamar
    you will soon learn your position in life Terry.

Is that a threat or a prophesy?

(BTW Terry - just so you know - the ONLY appropriate position is MISSIONARY!!!!)

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

you will soon learn your position in life

Who are you to question what God does? You simple pathetic man..........

Just to clarify, we are all simple and pathetic in comparison to God......

Brownboy

...apparently some of us more than others

[EDIT]

/hijack

Yes, everytime I hear the term "Peace & security" used, it perks my ears as well.

Damned WTS brainwashing has turned me into one of Pavlov's dogs

/[EDIT]

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I have those same triggers that remind me of the Witnesses. Hopefully one day I will have that so far in the past that it doesn't relate to anything, since in reality it is so very irrelevant to anything real or important. Just absurd!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Oh yes! that phrase still brings me instantly to think of "Fulfilled prophecy" and fire and sulphur raining down on mankind .. It is interesting to note however how the WT has moderated its tone over this. From being dogmatic that it was going to be a definate (U N backed?) pronouncement, well ...now they are not so sure . In fact they do not really know

g74 4/8 p. 8 World Efforts Toward Better Times ***

Thus, you can see why the nations and their supporters will be so disappointed by the sudden turn of events coming soon. After seemingly patching up this divided system of things and proclaiming that they have achieved "peace and security," they will find that this is actually the signal for its death stroke.

w84 5/15 p. 6 1914?The Generation That Will Not Pass Away ***

This prophecy makes it clear that, just prior to the end of this system of things, "peace and security" will be declared in some exceptional way, whether by the United Nations or independently by political and religious leaders. What will follow that declaration? Paul said: "Then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them."?1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3.

w97 6/1 p. 10 Jehovah?A God Who Reveals Secrets ***

Particularly since 1986, when an International Year of Peace was declared by the United Nations, the world has been full of talk about peace and security. Definite steps have been taken in an effort to secure world peace, apparently with a measure of success. Is this the entire fulfillment of this prophecy, or can we expect a future startling announcement of some sort? Jehovah will clarify that matter in his due time. Meanwhile, let us stay spiritually awake

wt chap. 20 p. 182 Keep Close in Mind Jehovah?s Day ***(Worship the only true God 2002)

Whenever it is that they are saying: ?Peace and security!? then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3) What form that proclamation of "peace and security" will take remains to be seen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit