Lawsuit targets church (WTS)

by Pole 11 Replies latest social current

• Pole
  • Bryan
    Bryan

I feel a trend. Isn't it against the law to brainwash people? If it isn't it should be.

Bryan

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Speaking of which, I haven't seen Lawrence post in a while.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Judge No rest for the Wicked Watchtower!

BOGUS BLOOD BAN

Jehovah's Witnesses adhere to an unscriptural position for Christians( kosher law) How risky is a Blood transfusion (low)? A comparison of transfusion risks to the risks of dying from other common causes: Serious disease or death from transfusion : 1 chance in 200,000 / year Death from electrocution: 1 chance in 200,000 / year Death from drowning: 1 chance in 35,000 / year Death from a car accident: 1 chance in 7,000 / year Death from pneumonia or influenza: 1 chance in 3,000 / year Death from cancer: 1 chance in 500 / year Death from stroke or heart disease: 1 chance in 300 / year Source: Canadian Hemophilia Society

Check out these links: http://www.ajwrb.org/ http://www.towertotruth.net/Articles/blood_transfusions.htm http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/trauma/case/case_07.html [Discovery Channel Video] http://www.pennhealth.com/health_info/bloodless/blood_jchart.html The Watchtower's Bogus Blood ban.It is so twisted,( to obstruct lawsuits ).Selected, JW elders receive special,( esoteric ) indoctrination just to try to make sense of it.

Remember,always do that, 'regression analysis'.Just where the heck did it all come from ?

........Well,Watchtower Leader 'detox' Joe Rutherford,got a 'burr' on his butt,back in the 1940's about blood.They knew it was bogus back then.It's an overextension of the old testament kosher law,which DOESN'T apply to New Testament Christians..

They thought that the end of the world was a coming back then,(1940ish).Sooooooooo, there wouldn't be much of a body count causality.

Now with Blood on their hands,and the murder of thousands of innocent minor children,how can they account for the body count, if they repeal it outright now?

More importantly, to them,the WT$ would be sued,for mega-bucks,for all the wrongful death lawsuits.

So,as you can see before your very own eyes,they are eroding away gradually the dogma,eventually the day will come,when "new light" will "flash up" from Jehovah.and it will be dissolved. HELLO! What about all the dead kids!

By the way the chief symptom of my 28 year horror show with bleeding ulcerative colitis was, profuse bloody bowel movements on the order of 20-30 x's a day.It created enormous stress for me to know I could bleed to death at any moment. Yet,as a devout Jehovah's Witness I was indoctrinated to refuse a blood transfusion! I have been there! danny9.jpg (22948 bytes) <Click to enlarge my poster.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

I'M HAPPY to see some movement with the hughes case. as i remember it was to be a mass or class action suit.. i'm also surprised at the $1 MILLION SUIT i thought it would be much larger. it may be better mr hughes is not going for a crazy amount of money. has anyone here heard from lawerence hughes. is any group helping him with this case ie silentlambs ,blood groups etc. if there was one case i think everyone should get behind in any way possible. this would be my choice. john

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Go, Lawrence!

It's awfully tough to sue a religion, but it's gratifying to see it happen. Win or lose, maybe next time, the ghouls will be less anxious to step in with their lawyers and pressure kids to make bad decisions.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

MORE!

Volcano http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/News/2004/08/27/604089.html Father sues church, docs over daughter's treatment
    CBC Calgary, Canada - 3 hours ago
    ... In a statement of claim, Hughes alleges that Bethany's mother and other Jehovah's Witnesses misled his daughter about the merits of blood transfusions. ... [ He claims they exerted undue influence by telling the teen she would be eternally damned if she agreed to the transfusions.]

• Pole
    Pole

Thanks Danny, I'm pasting it in:

http://calgary.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=ca_hughes20040827

Father sues church, docs over daughter's treatment
    Last Updated: Aug 27 2004 07:53 AM MDT

Calgary - A man who waged a bitter battle to have his daughter receive a blood transfusion ? against her wishes ? is suing his former church bretheren and doctors at an Edmonton cancer centre.

Bethany Hughes died of leukemia two years ago, after making a public stand for her Jehovah's Witness faith, which prohibits blood transfusions.

Her father Lawrence broke with his church and his wife over treatment for the 16 year old. He fought a lengthy court battle, trying to have Bethany given blood, which she finally received after being made a temporary ward of the province.

Now he is suing his former wife, the Watchtower Society of Canada and doctors at the Cross Cancer Institute. In a statement of claim, Hughes alleges that Bethany's mother and other Jehovah's Witnesses misled his daughter about the merits of blood transfusions.

He claims they exerted undue influence by telling the teen she would be eternally damned if she agreed to the transfusions.

Hughes also says in his statement of claim that they moved Bethany to the Cross Cancer Institute, where she could be given an alternative treatment.

Bethany Hughes was moved to the Cross after being discharged from the Alberta Children's Hospital in July 2002, where doctors said she was too ill to continue being treated with chemotherapy and transfusions. She died less than two months later, just after turning 17.

In his statement of claim, Lawrence Hughes says the Cross Cancer Institute gave her an alternate treatment without proper consent.

None of the statements in the claim have been proven in court. Those mentioned in the lawsuit ? some of whom haven't been served notice ? weren't prepared to comment.

• Undaunted Dan
    Undaunted Dan

Oops My error this is the second breaking story from canadian radio television.The first one was a newspaper.

Sorry,i'am from the usa.

Father sues church, docs over daughter's treatment
    CBC Calgary, Canada - 3 hours ago
    ... In a statement of claim, Hughes alleges that Bethany's mother and other Jehovah's Witnesses misled his daughter about the merits of blood transfusions. ... [ He claims they exerted undue influence by telling the teen she would be eternally damned if she agreed to

• Pole
    Pole

YEah, I noticed that. It's fixed now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit