Lawsuit targets church (WTS)

by Pole 11 Replies latest social current

• Undaunted Dan
    Undaunted Dan

Can we keep up Pole?

Father files lawsuit against Jehovah's Witness'
    Calgary Herald, Canada - 36 minutes ago
    ... It alleges the influence exerted on Bethany Hughes by her mother and other Jehovah's Witnesses directly led to her death two years ago. ...
    Father sues church, docs over daughter's treatment CBC Calgary
    all 3 related ยป

• Pole
    Pole

Danny,

Can we keep up Pole?

If you mean keep up to date on this story - sure. If you mean something else, please explain. My comprehension of English is poor, I know.

I'll try googling for more reports on this in the next few days. I'll also edit my posts so that the actual text of the story is here and not only the link (in case they take it down from their servers).

http://www.canada.com/calgary/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=15dc2aa1-a700-4df3-9429-90ce861b99c0

Father files lawsuit against Jehovah's Witness'
    Calgary Herald

Friday, August 27, 2004

CALGARY -- A lawsuit claims Jehovah's Witness members used the fear of damnation to convince a young leukemia victim to shun blood transfusions.

The suit has been filed by the dead teen's father.

It alleges the influence exerted on Bethany Hughes by her mother and other Jehovah's Witnesses directly led to her death two years ago.

The lawsuit was filed Wednesday by Lawrence Hughes on behalf of himself and Bethany's estate.

Hughes, split with the religious group and his family and sought conventional treatment for the teen while she was ill.

The statement of claim names the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Canada and several Jehovah's Witnesses as defendants.

Also named is the Cross Cancer Institute in Edmonton and doctors there who treated Bethany up to the time of her death on September 5th, 2002, when she was 17.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit