I know I may a big ole baby...

by Country Girl 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Country Girl, I'm having difficulty imagining when I have to put Shadow down. I know the time is coming quite quickly as he is getting pretty old. His age is starting to show in his hind legs. I can't imagine what you're going through. My best wishes to you. Take care.

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

(((((((((((((((((CountryGirl)))))))))))))))))

I have three cats and they are like my children! When they do go, I know that I will be miserable. I don't think it's dumb to feel so much grief over losing someone who was so close to you-no matter the species.

Bethany

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

Cats are good critters.

Aloof, yet fluffy and cuddly

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

(((((((Country Girl))))))) I am so sorry you lost your beloved cat. I love animals and that is something I always felt close to you about , your love of animals. Many people think I am over board on the love I have for my animals. I have three cats and four dogs, most of the time they are in the house with all of the family. Sometimes it does get a little hectic but our animals are such a part of our family.

I had to put my cat of 13 yrs to sleep a few years ago, he had arthritis so bad he could no longer walk. It was very hard because I had this cat since my oldest son was just a baby. I felt so empty when I had to put him down, but I know it was the only thing to do , the best thing for him, as he was in severe pain.

Sending you hugs and thoughts Country Girl..................love ya, Dede

• Purza
    Purza

Please accept my condolences. . . losing a pet is a horrible thing.

Purza (who has the same name as her cat)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

(((((CG)))))

No it's NOT silly at all! The loss of a dear pet (especially a cat) hurts a lot. I STILL get teary-eyed when I think of one we lost a few years ago---we had him 15 years! He was the most gentle and loving cat we'd ever had. I've ALWAYS had a cat or two since I was in grade school!

Mine was fuffy and gray and white (my favorite) and we never heard him hiss in anger or be mean to the kids when they would pick him up and carry him around. He had a tail that looked just like a plume on an old-fashioned hat, that would move when he walked (just like Lady and the Tramp) and we called him "Ploom".

I was inconsolable for a week after he died, and wouldn't even answer the phone or anything I was so messed up! So I know how deeply attached one can get to our pets. They ARE a member of our families, and I have more soft feelings for them than a LOT of people I know!

I just wanted to let ya know.........and send my condolences on your loss,

hugs,
    Annie

"A dog is a dog.......but a cat...is a person"

• anew
    anew

Country Girl, reading your initial post brought tears to my eyes and I didn't even know your kitty. I hope you feel better soon.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

(((((Country Girl)))))

Tears for you......so saddened to hear the news of your beloved Rowzer. What a special pet and adorable story about the parrots and taking a nap in their abode! Rowzer was lucky to have shared life with such a caring person. I'm sure the artist will create a wonderful memorial in honor of the happy moments you all shared together.

4J & family

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit