Baptismal Pool

by Sunspot 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The other day I received an email from a man in Croatia, who sent me and someone else a copy of a picture from a WTS magazine. I wasn't quite sure about the contents, but it looked to be legitimate----but being in Croatian I was not sure of what it actually said and I ended up putting it aside intending to check it out (if possible) and then forgetting all about it.

He had also sent this to another person, who went to the trouble of verifying the facts and getting an understanding of what was being said in the picture. The other person (initials TT) posted this on another forum.......Thanks TT!

http://www.intrex.net/talley/WTUNpool.html

This is a JW baptismal pool......notice the logo all over the lining.......

hugs,

Annie

• Maca
    Maca

The English translation of the Croatian language is correct!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks, Maca!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Well it beats getting baptized in a horse trough!

• Maca
    Maca

Your welcome Sunspot. In fact, my screen name Maca is Croatian for Kitty.

• gumby
    gumby

I wonder if the Catholic churches pool could also be used for baptisms during assemblies.

Gumby

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I wonder how the WTBTS will weasel their way out of this one. Clear as day that the pool is adorned with the UN logo. Their explanation should be interesting to hear.

Thanks for sharing!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Err oh dear where is blondie when you need here. =| In recent years they have been talking about using the resources of the opposers to further kingdom interest linking it to using monetary and material things of the world. Blah I remember it wasnt that long ago sometime in the last year I'm sure someone would remember that. It was in a watchtower so I'm sure blondie could dig it up. Anyway I think that's probably the point they would make.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I don't see the problem? They are in a refugee camp which is run by some UN agency, and which uses UN equipment, and so when persons in the camp are to be baptized as new JWs, what are they supposed to do? They use the equipment at hand. If the houses are built by UN, the knives and forks and spoons have UN engraved, the food is delivered in UN bags - are they to say "sorry, but no"? Making use of equipment being at hand in the camp can hardly be said to sell one's soul to the UN.

Please, make fuzz over what is questionable, over what should be made fuzz over, for example over the NGO case, but don't use the poorest of the poor, African refugees trying to make use of whatever is at hand, to score easy victories.

• Atilla
    Atilla

I have to agree with Old Hippie on this one. Nothing to see here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit