Would you attend your own DF'ing/DA announcement?

by unbeliever 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

Not a possibility even though I'm a super apostate and on a regular basis encounter dubs from my past letting them know how I feel....Why?

I haven't attended for over 3 years, and I have made it very clear that if any public annoucement of DF'ing or DA'ing is made, lawsuits for slander and libel will be filed.

They can't touch me and they know it.

• SAHS
    SAHS

If it weren?t for having to worry about the emotional impact on my family, I would love to attend my DA announcement, and then pass out some online printouts regarding the UN-NGO scandal, autologous blood disagreement among the GB, list of failed prophecies, material from the Silent Lambs site, etc. after the meeting.

Well, they?re always encouraging people to stay after the meeting to enjoy association, aren?t they?

?SAHS

• nb-dfed
    nb-dfed

I did not attend when I was df'ed. I was thinking about that today oddly enough. I kind of wish I had come in earlier and chatted everybody up (I hadn't been to a meeting in a really long time) and then see their faces when it was announced. You know everybody holds their breath when, during the announcements, the announce that elder so and so has a special announcement. Everyone hangs on the edge of the seat waiting to see who's getting the axe. Just would have been interesting to see everyone's reaction.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    . You know everybody holds their breath when, during the announcements, the announce that elder so and so has a special announcement. Everyone hangs on the edge of the seat waiting to see who's getting the axe

OMG you know they have to do it like that on purpose. Probably the only way to wake people up enough to get attention. Of course they do the reinstated stuff that way too dont they. I dont remember

• avishai
    avishai

Hell yeah!! Either in one of those silly lycra "Devil" costumes, or else in drag. Probably in drag, but modest. Without shaving. My face.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

On the night of my DA announcement, I was enjoying pizza and beer at a fabulous dining establishment on Broadway, on Capitol Hill, only blocks from the Kingdom Hall. I thought about walking down to the hall, but it just seemed like such a downer compared to the great time I was having with real friends.

Looking back, part of me wishes that I had attended. But I had so much negative energy attached to that hall, to that whole experience, I just didn't want to do it.

SNG

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I got this e-mail from my mom. I know it's a typical guilt e-mail but I feel kinda bad now. No regrets but still,,,,,,

This is a small portion of her long e-mail. Edited for personal info

XXXXXXX,

I don't even know where to start with you. What you did last Thursday night was uncalled for. For years now I have looked the other way and made allowances for you when you talked bad about the Witnesses and bad mouthed the Faithful and Discreet Slave. I always told myself it was your father talking and one day I could make you see the light. Now I realize the chances of that happening are slim to none. What would possess you to so something so reckless? Do you know how many people you hurt? What was the point? Did you get a big laugh and then go out and celebrate XXXXXX being disfellowshipped? Her parents were devastated to begin with. Now they are inconsolable. She is not coming back is she? Was that her way of thumbing her nose at the organization and you came along to watch the show. If that was the case it could have been done another way.

Explain to me what was in your mind. I tried talking to you the day after but you would not let me tell you my feelings. I did not raise you to be this inconsiderate. Your dad did not put you up to this did he? Why do I get the feeling that either you or XXXXXX came up with this. I am so disappointed. So many people have been asking about you and what you guys were thinking. You have embarrassed and shamed me. I will forgive you for this but a broken heart takes a long time to heal.

• Margie
    Margie

Yikes, unbeliever. Your mom is pretty effective at the guilt. Has she been giving pointers to my mom? Have you thought about how you're going to respond?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Do they have a secret book for JW Moms that even the Elders didn't get to read?

That could just as easily have come from mine.
    Fortunately the forced "pained looks" are like a cold shower to any guilt I might feel.

• recoveringjw
    recoveringjw

Unbeliever,

Hey! How did my Mom get your e-mail address?

Seriously, that excerpt made me want to squirm. I call my mom the Guilt Trip Queen, but your mum could give mine a run for her money.

I think what you did was brave. It gave your friend closure and I've rethought my earlier response---I would never have attended my DF'ing announcement, but, if I knew then, what I know now, I probably would have attended my DA'ing announcement---the DA'ing was my CHOICE, and proved that I had one. That they couldn't take everything away from me........

Good job

Bethany

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit