Would you attend your own DF'ing/DA announcement?

by unbeliever 50 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev
    Would you attend your own DF'ing/DA announcement?

no.

i didn't.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    I don't think I would. I didn't go to my "No longer an unbaptized publisher" announcement. Damn, they need to shorten that. Why don't they just say "Dispublishersized"?

I never did hear if they announced me or not. In fact up until this moment I hadnt thought about it one way or the other. Dang now I'm going to be curious how they all took it. I know they were all after my mother like the press over a scandal trying to find out where I was..

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Well we ended up going. The talks were extremely boring. The first one was about being tactful not only in the ministry but in your personal life as well. *yawn* The next talk was about Cain and Able. Cain was self righteous and jealous of Able or some BS like that. *yawn* The next talk was about violent video games. They gave the example about how a boy killed a girl because she beat him playing a video game. It made him angry and jealous that someone half his age could play better than him. They were addictive and could consume your life. The speaker asked young ones do you find yourself spending less time preparing for meetings because of playing video games? *yawn* After enduring about an hour they finally announced my friend had been DF'd. We came late but we were able to find seats about 5 rows from the stage up front. The walk down the isle seemed to take forever. My friend had the biggest smile on her face. Her parents were crying. That was tough to see. My mom stared daggers at me. She's called me 5 times already. She's going to bitch me out. I think it was worth an hour of our time. I have no regrets and was able to give some moral support to a friend who needed to do this. We even added some excitement to those dubbies boring little lives. They will be talking about this for weeks.

• Purza
    Purza

When I was DF'd as a teenager I did not attend. What was the point? I always admired the people that did attend their own announcement. Hell, maybe they were even happy. Who knows.

If I were to get DF'd again, I probably would not attend. Why give them the satisfaction of trying to hurt me?

Purza

• simplesally
    simplesally

I attended my df'ing meeting...........but at the time, even though I disagreed, I felt I was going back and needed to go so I could show 'repentance' and try to get back in.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Nope ... didn't go!!!

ESTEE

• Carmel
    Carmel

I didn't and wouldn't. Better things to do!

carmel who thinks a visit to the dentist would be a "better offer"

• Princess
    Princess

I'm glad you went unbeliever, and glad it was worth it for you. That first hour is absolute torture isn't it?

We went to hear the finality of it. We went to show them they have no power over us anymore. The elders knew we were coming. They obviously didn't expect us to show up in jeans (mine were super low riders showing my tattoo) and t-shirts (mine was cropped showing my pierced navel). We arrived early. Refused offers of song books and bibles, sat through the song and prayer. Sat (yawned) through the talks then sat through the songs again. Immediately after the announcement, we got up and walked out holding hands with big grins.

They got the point. We were there because we were happy about the announcement. Their rules DO NOT APPLY anymore.

They talked about it for weeks.

• christopherrobin
    christopherrobin

I heard that if you attend your own announcement, that your reinstatement is quicker ???

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I read your story Princess. Very entertaining.

I think you and Steve Egner enjoyed yourselves more than I did. It was so weird being back. My friend says she felt exhilarated by the experience and is glad she did it. I forgot to mention she wore a very short RED dress! LOL! She said since they think of her that way she might as well have some fun and play the part.

I heard that if you attend your own announcement, that your reinstatement is quicker ???
    But what if you show up with 2 opposers?
    We went to hear the finality of it. We went to show them they have no power over us anymore.
    I think those were her reasons as well and to have some fun of course. Well I am off to deal with the fall out with mother. Might as well get it over with. She won't leave me in peace until she has her say. Last nights stunt has spread like wildfire in the witness community. I've already gotten an e-mail from an inactive witness who lives 2 hours away and has heard about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit