Would you attend your own DF'ing/DA announcement?

by unbeliever 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Respectfully of course.

Hahahhahahha.

• Poztate
    Poztate

I would LOVE to if it came to that. I would make sure I came nice and early and talk to as many old "friends" as possible. After all until it is announced it is a secret from the congregation,isn't it???

Next I would try to sit close to the front and if there were any parts that called for comments from the floor be sure to put my hand up.

I would sing all the songs with vigour and try not to be off key.

When the announcement was made try hard not to have a silly grin come over my face

Lastly try to engage in conversation the same old "friends" after the meeting that I had talked to before the meeting.

Start to laugh as they flee from this now evil POZTATE

I'm sorry...but I do like to tease people.

I did not attend my reproving and shortly after df-ing. I go once and a while (couple years later) to make the fam happy.

• willyloman
    willyloman

No, and here's why: The dubs tell the Big Lie that DFing is really a very "loving" thing to do and that it serves to shock the sinner back to his or her senses, which in turns causes them to come back into the truth, chastised and stronger for the experience. That is far from the truth in actual practice, but anytime someone comes back, they point to the example and say, "See?"

When someone's name is read like this, and the person sits stoically and accepts the "punishment," all in attendance are comforted by the fact that this person apparently agrees with the Big Lie. See? The process of repentance has already begun. See? They are sitting there taking their punishment because they KNOW they deserve it. This MUST mean the elders did the right thing, the process is just, the Big Lie is true.

Why further enable this sick behavior?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Great experience, Rachel & Steve! I love it!

• Margie
    Margie

Like Nos, I've never been in that situation, but if I had been I would not have attended. I can think of few things more mind-numbing than going to the Kingdom Hall; wild horses couldn't drag me back in there.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I was df'd for apostasy, 5 elders the first committee and 3 + original 5 for the appeal committee.

I asked the elders when they were going to make the announcement and they wouldn't tell me so I went to all the service meetings till they did (about 3). The PO announced it when the CO came to visit,, in fact he yelled it out in to the michrphone,,not the regular soft spoken way but said it in a loud forceful manner no doubt as instructed by the CO. AT the end of the meeting the CO said there would be a special meeting with all the attendance over some security issue that needed attention (me). The next time I went to the service meeting about 3 months latter they had me arrested for tresspassing.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It would have been difficult to avoid.
    I announced it myself:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/20680/1.ashx

• Poztate
    Poztate
    When someone's name is read like this, and the person sits stoically and accepts the "punishment

Who says you have to do it that way...play with it ..have fun with them...piss them off

Who is really in control then.They only way to be in control is to TAKE CONTROL.

What better way than at the little "box" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/77243/1.ashx that is the Kingdom Hall.

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

By the time local elders came by to dispense with us, sufficient time had passed, so that I felt no anger or bitterness toward them. I knew them both personally, one had been a pallbearer at my father's funeral years ago, a close family friend. I hugged him as he left...

I simply wanted to hear the words, to imprint the occasion, to formally end an era of my life.

When someone's name is read like this, and the person sits stoically and accepts the "punishment," all in attendance are comforted by the fact that this person apparently agrees with the Big Lie. See? The process of repentance has already begun. See? They are sitting there taking their punishment because they KNOW they deserve it. This MUST mean the elders did the right thing, the process is just, the Big Lie is true.

For the rank and file "true believers", this is quite true, and shameful, I agree.

However, as mature former members, it is within our power to approach it differently.

play with it ..have fun with them...piss them off

Rachel and elected to enjoy the event, and we did. From our dress to our demeanor, this moment was ours, not theirs.

My mom attends this congregation and I don't want to stir the pot by participating in this but damn am I tempted. Can you imagine??

I'll never regret the choice we made. In fact, I heartily recommend it. It was fun to stir the pot.

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit