Questions For Jehovah's Witnesses Regarding Doctrine

by Corvin 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

Hey corvin

Sorry i've only just taken the time to read this thread and it was very kind of you to start it.You've given me some good ideas there, a different kind of approach and it sounds good.

Many thanks again,

xLaurax

• Farkel
    Farkel

Leolaia,

: And as we all know, it's not even a resurrection hope. When you die, you cease to exist -- period. Everyone who ever lived will not come back. Instead, God will recreate copies of these people who will look identical to the original and programmed with memories stored in God's great memory bank (consisting of a googleplex theobytes, I would imagine).

Correct-a-Mundo! That is exactly what the WTS teaches. What dubs don't stop to think about is that we all are NOT the same people we were even a few days ago. It has recently been discovered that all the cells in livers are completely replaced in as little as 3 months. Our bodies get brand new cells ever second by in a very short period of time all the cells in our bodies have been completely replaced.

As soon as we die, our corpses begin to be utilized in the earthly food chain. If we have been dead say only a hundred years, the stuff in our flesh would be been passed from organism to organism an unbelievable number of times. For God to actually "resurrect" us to the exact person we used to be, God would have to somehow track down each of our original atoms from the myriad of places they would have migrated to and them lay them out and reassemble them into the original molecules, enzymes, acids, proteins, ad nauseum to make us become exactly the same persons we were just before we died. If we were comatose when we died, we'd have to be comatose when we were resurrected. If we were riddled with cancer when we died, we would have to be riddled with cancer when we are resurrected.

The whole notion of a "God" going through those gyrations is ridiculous.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit