Questions For Jehovah's Witnesses Regarding Doctrine

by Corvin 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

The original painting of Sunflowers by Van Gogh went for about 38million dollars at auction. A copy or print of it goes for under twenty bucks. If I were expert enough to copy every brush stroke; my duplicate painting would in no way be considered anything but a copy of a masterpiece.

Um yeah but in this case you have an original God built human vs one built by your mom and dad. It is the difference between a original mustang vs an original Shelby GT-500 Mustang built by Carol Shelby. Infact he is building (well licensing he is too old to turn a wrench) original reproduction GT-500E mustangs. Collectors were out raged that theguy that invented the thing would dare start selling them again.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I feel out of my element posting on this thread but, in considering that last sentence..."I am what I am today"... I guess maybe we're all "God", or one with "God", or little bits of "God"... the "I am that I am" of Exodus. According to Fritjof Capra: "The conception of physical things and phenomena as transient manifestations of an underlying fundamental entity is not only a basic element of quantum field theory, but also a basic element of the Eastern world view. Like Einstein, the Eastern mystics consider this underlying entity as the only reality: all its phenomenal manifestations are seen as transitory and illusory." And Chief Seatle, I think, is quoted as saying something to the effect that there is no death, only a change of forms.

I guess I wouldn't actually bring any of this particular stuff up while asking JWs questions regarding doctine but it sure has made for some interesting reading and contemplation. Amazing imput on resurrection, Leolai!

"..if I only had a brain..."

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear undisfellowshipped,

"What IS the difference between an original and a copy?"

When it comes right down to it the difference, as Terry pointed out, is the difference in value.

The original you is more valuable to God than a copy, therefore I can't see him even making a copy.

michelle

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

If that is true whats with washing your robes in blood, and being reborn, forsaking the flesh, etc. Seems like he don't like the "original" people that much.

• myelaine
    myelaine

XQsThaiPoes,

Seems like he don't like the "original" people that much.

He loves the original people very much, He just hates the sin (can't even live beside it) that's why people are told to wash their robes etc., to get rid of the sin, so that the original can live with Him in Heaven. In His abode.

michelle

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

But isnt the original incapable of living in heaven and that that sin is inheirent in the original. Certain things such as antiques you can detect the original because it is often of lower quality than the fake which was produced in more controled modern means or with better modern materials.

• myelaine
    myelaine

XQsThaiPoes,

You are you because of who you are, not what you are. You are not just a man or a woman (a body) From dust you came to dust you will return (physical) You will be with Me in heaven (spiritual) Put off the desires of the flesh. Be reborn in the spirit. If the original washes his robes in the blood of Jesus, they are symbolically washing away the sin. Being reborn in the spirit entails more than just washing away the sin. It means walking in the spirit of God in all ways. Now this is impossible without the spirit of God being reborn in you, only He can give you this gift. This gift from God makes the original you even more valuable. If you would like an analogy...An antique bucket, rusted out, gets cleaned up and it has value to the collector because of what it is. An antique bucket, expertly repaired, gets cleaned up and it has greater value to the collector not only because of what it is, but because of what it does (holds water). As a collector, God values all of the cleaned up buckets, but values the useful ones more. This would be the difference between those that are called and those that are chosen. Either way, you have to clean up the bucket.

michelle

p.s. Our CHILDREN are like antique buckets that have recently been pulled out of the box. Take care of those buckets.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

XQs....The question is not value or superiority but continuity. If you die suddenly right now and a perfect duplicate of you is created in the future, don't count on your consciousness continuing uninterrupted....any more than if God created a perfect duplicate of you to live right now. If you met your perfect duplicate today, would you be thinking with his brain and seeing through his eyes? No. He would be a separate entity. If you don't get the difference, go rent Blade Runner or Sixth Day or something.

• myelaine
    myelaine

leolaia,

If the question is continuity. Then could it be that God has some other empty vessel for our conscious to be placed into at the exact moment of our death? In the Bible to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, I happens in less time than a blinking of the eye. We have a longer dissassociation when we are sleeping, than the time it is said to take to be transfered.

michelle

p.s. collector say: If you place any value in your bucket have it expertly cleaned, even if, at a later date...you kick it!

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

XQs....The question is not value or superiority but continuity. If you die suddenly right now and a perfect duplicate of you is created in the future, don't count on your consciousness continuing uninterrupted....any more than if God created a perfect duplicate of you to live right now.
    See I count on my consciousness being interrupted, for that is called death.

If you met your perfect duplicate today, would you be thinking with his brain and seeing through his eyes? No. He would be a separate entity. If you don't get the difference, go rent Blade Runner or Sixth Day or something.

Why do I care whos hardware I run. Consinceness is software. Who cares whos platform I run on. Heck he can ressurect me as you. Right now today infront of me. Would take some getting used to. Also continuity is an illusion humans don't have total recall memory. Therefore most of your life is forgotten. Every time you get up you remember less of who you think you are. Look at Momento. On a side note as a kid I always thought ressurecting dead people, and allowing living people to grow to perfection was stupid. I always thought would'nt God ressurect everyone and just let our sinful forms die of old age in the paradise. Because the wages sin pays is death. Never made sense to let anyone live thought aramgeddon either when you can repopulate the entire planet. It would solve so many problems. Heck toxic waste ressurect everyone in a billion years. Why would God care? You could start an entire religion based on a God with out PIS or CIS (plot induced stupidity or character induced stupidity).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit