What's your favourite word?

by myauntfanny 47 Replies latest social humour

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The prettiest word to me is French six cent sioxante six, 666, pronounced: sees sahn swa sant sees

It has a beautiful symmetry to it.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Sylvan is nice and I also like Symbiosis.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    The prettiest word to me is French six cent sioxante six, 666, pronounced: sees sahn swa sant sees

It has a beautiful symmetry to it.

Mmm I think a lot of foreign words are beautiful.

I like huggles..but you might not find it in a dictionary so I'm going to have to go with ecclectic.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Is huggles a cross between hugs and snuggles? It should be in the dictionary. Lewis Carroll made up lots of words and some made it into the dictionary. I think "chortle" is one of them.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Yep that's what it is. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=huggles&r=f It's quite the 'net friend thing to do especially if someone is venting to you about their problems and you dont know what you can do for them but listen, although you wish you could do more.

I know chortles was originally a nonsense word when it was in Jabberywocky but made it into the dictionary some time later. No wonder it was a very descriptive word even if it was made up. I always loved the way that poem flowed even the words that werent really words. 'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe..

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

titillating.

Country Girl

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Mysterious

No wonder it was a very descriptive word even if it was made up.

I know, it's hard to comprehend that we ever lived without it. I mean, I chortle sometimes. What would I have called it before Lewis Carroll came along?

Country Girl

I find even the word "titillating" kind of titillating. (Sorry, I just wanted to say it. Titillating. Titillating. It really is a good word.)

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Demoniac. It's just so powerful a word.

Verbose, parlance, and loquacious are all fun to say; and they are all related to speech.

I call my wife "Mulp Ragus" (pronounced MULP Rah-goosh) You can figure it out, I'm sure.

CZAR

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

When I was a teenager, my mom told me to stop "suppurating." Then I learned its meaning...

• blondie
    blondie
    fastidious

anspruchsvoll (German?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit