Wanted to introduce myself.

by mysterio91 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• mysterio91
    mysterio91

Hello everyone,

I've been reading many threads here in the past few days. Feels good to know other people think like me. I'll give you a little background on me. I'll try to be brief.

I was born into the catholic religion. At age 7 my mother became a JW. She took me and my two sisters with her. My dad was an "opposer" for about 5 years until my mother caught him cheating on her for the ump-teenth time. As a condition of her not divorcing him, he had to become a JW. He agreed.

Now here we are, a "happy" christian family. Only my dad never really became "spiritually strong". My parents marraige remained unhappy. The elders always put the blame on my mom. If you ask me, she should have left him.

I was baptized at age 12. I was an "exemplary" youth and was given many privelages in the congregation. It wasn't until I was about 16 that I started to have doubts.

Being that I was the "ring-leader" of the youths in the congregation, the elders became bent on making an example out of me. Harrasing me about my haircuts, dress, and shaving. They thought my hair was too long, then too short. My suits were too trendy... and my newly grown "peach fuzz" needed to be shaved. That was just the beggining. I have tons of strories that will have to wait for another time. None of that made sense to me, so being the "bad-ass" that I am, I questioned them. From that moment on, nothing was ever the same.

I abandoned the idea that everything the elders said was right. That they had direction from JAH. I began to feel the were just uneducated fools, holding onto a meaningless position of power in the organization, because they were too dumb to advance anywhere else. They recognized that and tried to keep me quiet. They didn't have a chance to act, though, as I just walked away from the organization. I know they were dying to disfellowship me, as the stirred up dirt on me every way they could. Finally they found out about an experience I had with a few sisters from another congregation. They tried to set up a judicial comittee and wrote letters to me requiring me to attend. I never even responded. It was irrelevant. I could care less about "being punished".

Fast forward to a year ago. My father is on his death bed. He slips into a coma, but we all continue talking to him, and my mother (who is now divorced from him, though adultary was not involved... go figure) plays kingdom melodies. I came to the point that I wanted him to just let go and stop fighting death. So I said to him "Dad, look over there. There's paradise. Lets rest and we'll go together in the morning". I would say he died about ten minutes later. I've hated myself for saying that, feeling strongly that I lied to him.

As a result, I now feel to need to gather as much information as is required to rescue the rest of my family from holding on to a false hope. I think I have a seed planted with the year Jeruselem fell. My mom and uncle can't find 607. That's another story for later.

I only have two problems now. First my mother in holding on to the "composite sign" in 1914. And secondly, she will eventually ask, as I am now asking... What now? WTS is false, but what is true?

• Farkel
    Farkel

: First my mother in holding on to the "composite sign" in 1914.

Get yourself a copy of "The Sign of the Last Days - When?" from either Commentary Press or Freeminds.org. It thoroughly demolishes each and every claimed "sign" the WTS claims shows we are in the last days. It contains tons of references and tons of quotes from the society's literature. I'm not sure you should give it to your mother. Only you know if she is ready to read the entire book. But it will give you plenty of ammunition to discuss the subject with her.

Farkel

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Welcome to the forum! Your family situation sounds very similar to mine. My parents are unhappily married, and I've encouraged my mother to leave my father on many occasions. She tells me that staying in an unhappy marriage is the right thing to do.

Enjoy your time here!

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Welcome Mysterio91.

The truth is out there, you have to find it for yourself.

If you can't you can buy my book. ' Where is the truth out there for ez payments of $19.95 for eternity'

. Your choice.

Find truth and pay every month, or never find it.

The truth is found in your heart, and in your gut feelings.

And ask Farkel for your questions, he is the best.

• NOdenial
    NOdenial

Wonderful commentary on your experience.

Thanks for sharing. Welcome to the forum!

NOdenial

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

Farkel beat me to it!

He is the BEST!

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

Thanks for sharing your experience....Looking forward to more of your posts.

Codeblue

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Welcome Mysterio,

Sorry about your Dad. What you said to him at the end was enough to comfort him --that was good. Don't worry about the words or whether the words of the WT are true or false on that one--paradise can mean many things and is universally meant to be a place of comfort and peace. It was your comforting thought that allowed him to let go.

About the WT--there is a ton of information on this site and many links to an almost overwhelming amount of information. All I can say is that this information is what the WT does not want you to know. This is why they are so paranoid about the internet--this is where they are being exposed big time. I was a member for 20 years of my adult life. I left because of the ever changing WT policy, the hypocrisy and the cruelty that was displayed towards myself and others especially by those "taking the lead". I found out more later--some of which shocked me to the core..There are thousands of people leaving the Organization each each and many like my self are leaving not because we are all bent on living an evil immoral deviant life style (what the WT says will happen to you after you leave). I live a better life now than I did then where I have the freedom to show true compassion and love towards humankind. The best to you on your journey through all of this. Looking forward to hearing more from you. There is lots of good support on this site.

Take care,

Love, cybs

• Netty
    Netty

Hello there,

I am so sorry about your father. But I think it was such a wonderful thing for you to say to him (even if you didnt believe it thats ok) you gave him a comforting secure thought for him to pass on with. And, you gave him permission to go. Good for you, that was very loving of you. I know how it feels to have family members in the borg that you want to help out. I wish you the best with that. Welcome to the board.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome mysterio 91, I am sure you have a lot to tell and we anticipate some interesting posts.. Do not feel bad about your father. The deathbed is a place for encouragement, not reality

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit