Do You Actually Believe In The "Power of Prayer"???

by minimus 79 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

JT:Since when was prayer the reserved domain of Christians?

Further, what makes you think that Christians try to convert?
    The few that proselytise are "Evangelicals", who are usually "fundementalists".
    There aren't many of those around here.

non-beleivers do not have a core dogma or purpose or mandate "FROM GOD" to convert others to their views--they merely state what thier personal views are on a matter,

Certainly feels like folks are attempting to convert us, at times.
    Do you really stand on your statement?

• Princess
    Princess
    Seems that I'm gonna spend the whole day apologising today

Well, I'm still waiting for mine

I am not a praying person, however, I don't think prayer is such a bad thing. It's possitive affirmation. You have the power to make it happen and the positive thoughts you voice help it happen.

As far as Ian is concerned, it's not necessarily prayer. Some will pray, others will direct positive energy his way, visualizing him in a healing light. What can it hurt? It's all good, positive affirmations for his well being. We have the power to do amazing things, sad that some of us won't even give it a try.

I do know that there are people out there desperately praying for me. So far it's not working..., but that's another story.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rachel:

...sad that some of us won't even give it a try.

To be honest, surely that's their business. I wouldn't decry them for desisting from something they have no belief in, nor desire to do. I certainly wouldn't attempt to guilt someone into some course of action.

I do know that there are people out there desperately praying for me.

Yeah?
    Cool - lucky you!

Oh, and btw, sorry!

• Princess
    Princess
    ...sad that some of us won't even give it a try.

To be honest, surely that's their business. I wouldn't decry them for desisting from something they have no belief in, nor desire to do. I certainly wouldn't attempt to guilt someone into some course of action.

I didn't really mean it that way. (you'd best apologize again)

I meant more that they are so negative about something they aren't willing to even experiment with.

I did know that you would be the first to follow my post. Should I be posting in the mystical thread?

• minimus
    minimus

I will admit that if I was on a plane and I knew it was going down (Or I thought it was), praying wouldn't hurt. The truth is---I've seen too many people pray with no positive results and I've sen some pray to Jehovah and BELIEVE he answered their EVERY prayer....Call me a skeptic but I don't believe it!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rachel:

I didn't really mean it that way. (you'd best apologize again)

K, sorry. Just shows how easy it is to misunderstand plain text, huh?

I meant more that they are so negative about something they aren't willing to even experiment with.

True, but I guess it's still their business. I've no desire to proselytise

I did know that you would be the first to follow my post. Should I be posting in the mystical thread?

Might wanna leave that one alone for a while. The negative energy is making me feel physically sick
    Not that you'd add to it, it's just that I wouldn't want you to be on the receiving end of any of it.

• kls
    kls

NO .When it falls on deaf ears you just give up and not waste the time.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    What you say doesn't negate what all of us can do on this board by praying or sending healing light to our friend Ian.

I definately don't believe in prayer. I do however, believe in the power of the mind. That's why I'm going to give this a shot. If anything, I believe the power of the mind is much stronger than a person or spirit being that has failed me numerous times. I had the power to make changes to myself and i didn't need help from something called "God".

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Do You Actually Believe In The "Power of Prayer"???

Not much. But I express my gratitude often.

I believe in the power of "Positive Thinking."

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nos:
    I've got a lot of respect for that kind of candor

We're probably best keeping this thread away from the personal, though, as BB rightly pointed out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit