A CRUCIFIX

by ruffian 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

There is a problem with researching 1975 in the WTS indexes. The links to the remarks they made on those dates are removed. Unless you have the old brown indexes, you won't find those incriminating passages.

• Francois
    Francois

There are lots of symbols the JWs let slide in their "pure" religion.

The names of the days of the week, and of months are generally Roman or Greek Gods, or Emporers who thought they were gods.

The wedding party and the bride's veil are designed to disguise the identity of the bride from evil spirits who hang around weddings.

Tombstones evolved from the superstition that if you didn't pile rocks on a dead body, the spirit would rise from the dead person to haunt the village.

And there are many, many more example of this kinda thing. In their effort to make themselves appear special, the JWs have revealed themselves to be common. Lots of other religions have come up with partial lists of things to avoid. The witnesses' list is outstanding in it incompleteness.

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I seem to remember Paul writing somewhere about boasting of NOTHING but the Cross of Christ. Does too much to me sound like he detested it. The JW proposition is ridiculous, The Cross of Christ is once shameful, now glorious.

FRED I would LOVE to see what documents you've researched to come up with the conclusion that Jesus died on anything other than a common "T" shaped cross. This was the single most common form of execution in the provinces for slaves, thieves and trouble makers. Crucifixion was so common in Jerusalem that they had permanent scaffolding set up upon which to afix the Cross beam. This is attested to by among other's Josephus. Further, had Jesus been crucified in the manner indicated by the Society, he would have expired in less than half an hour. Freddie, Look up the drawings of Lepidus touted by the society, they are misleading unless you see the actual drawings.

All My best

Yeru

YERUSALYIM
    God is truth, and light his shadow.

Plato

• rutht
    rutht

Ruffian,

Jerusalyim is right. Check Gal. 6:14. Most Christians see the Cross as a symbol of God's love. As Paul said, "But may it never be that I should boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ..." I don't know how much more explicit he could be! The cross is something we should be proud of and not ashamed as the jws seem to be.
    Rutht

• willy_think
    willy_think

ruffian

Suppose you had a beloved son. That son was an advocate for a political cause and because of this he was popular but hated by the government and some people. So he was unjustly accused of a crime and sentanced to death. His followers were furious and to remember him they hung photos of him in the electric chair and wore necklaces of an image of him in the electric chair. How would this make you feel?"

this is not what happend to god.

His followers were furious

who? noone.

in an electric chair a man dies on the cross all men live.
    in there quote the son is a falure jesus was not

Suppose you had a beloved son. That son was an advocate for a political cause and because of this he was popular but hated by the government and some people. So he ran a race to see if his cause would be adopted. he won the race and so made the "political" people free His followers were joyfull and to remember him they hung photos of him at the finish line and wore necklaces of an image of him crossing the line. How would this make you feel?"

when the lam is given up on the alter why hate the alter?

jesus on the cross is the tree of life and the JWs will not eat.
    Gen 3.22

sorry for the spelling

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit