Feral elders

by SixofNine 51 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

XQs:

IF you are open and quite self confident they really can't do anything to you.

Whilst I agree that this is the most likely approach for success, I question your use of the word "can't"
    At the end of the day we all have experience of them doing exactly what their petty little minds desire. If they want you shunned, hell and high water wont stop them...

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Well, when I had a JC for adultery my aim was avoiding DFing; I didn't want to DA either as both situations would have complicated things with my family.

So I admitted to it, said I had 'repented' (well, I couldn't bring myself to use the word; I started off with 'very sorry that the situation had arose' and when asked a straight answer just said 'yes') but that I didn't feel I could attend meeting again yet but would do soon. I kept things vauge.

They tried to argue about DFing but I pointed out that according to some obscure Watchtower artice (that said if you'd not been in field service for six months you weren't really a Witness anymore) they couldn't really disfellowship me from something I wasn't fellowshipped to. I don't know if they fell for that one.

I was fortunate in having three of the most stupid elders in the world (or Devon at any rate) sat there, and I never heard anything further.

Basically until you know what they 'have' on you it's hard to advise. If seven people will say they saw you snorting cocaine off a blood saucege it's harder to come up with a 'defence' strategy.

Good luck.

• simplesally
    simplesally

How do you feel about lying thru your teeth when asked if you've done anything to be disfellowshipped? Well you wouldn't really be lying! No one deserves the treatment that gets meted out by them.

Now if they ask you if you if you have done specific wrongs ... just lie. They lied to you for years. But make sure you feel ok about it if you do go that route. I think you could handle lying as long as your nose doesn't start growing or something like that.

• blondie
    blondie
    seven people will say they saw you snorting cocaine off a blood saucege it's harder to come up with a 'defence' strategy.

Ask what day, what time, and where to each one separately. Then say you have proof that you were not there those days and times (bring your own "witness" or use circumstantial evidence such as credit receipts).

I always said if you could get 2 or 3 people willing to lie....you can hang Christ himself...oh they did that....

Blondie

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

When I confronted them with a lawsuit for my unfair shabby treatment,they in turn tacked on the charge of,"unrepentant FIT OF ANGER"! They are demented AND demonic predators.

They had no concept of the world of damage I was to inflict on them.I fight fire with fire.

Before it comes to a confrontation ?? THINKING OF GETTING OUT OF THE JW CULT ??

Danny sez:Be a "coy Roy" and "don't look back Jack"

Just go missing, MIA , (missing in action)

Don't let the control freak, church elders know your plans...

Be as elusive and as evasive as they are..

Hey Babe ! To use the all purpose elder catchphrase :: IT'S CONFIDENTIAL!

' Help today is only a mouse click away'. { when i made my exit 1992 there was nothing }

UNITED WE STAND! Undaunted Danny

• cbew
    cbew

Sorry to hear about your situation six. IMHO probably the best course for you to take is to try to get them to postpone meeting with you until after the wedding. You can simply tell them that you are extremely busy with a project at work right now and would be glad to meet with them in about 2 weeks. According to their own rules in the Pay Attention book they have no choice but to postpone and they cannot take any action as you have agreed to meet with them but at a later time when it is more convenient for you. This will give you time to plan for your meeting at least.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Remember one thing, they have only the power that you give to them, to me they are like the local book club, who gives a rats ass what they do.

If they decied that you are no longer in the book club whoopishit, what are you missing?well for starters you dont have to talk to the dumbass idiots any more, and you will not get any one showing up on your door step trying to get you to come back to the hall, so nothing is lost because there is nothing to loose.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I suggest you contract with E-watchman to defend you!

carm

• simplesally
    simplesally

If you appeal all the way to the Society, it takes a long time and they can't announce it from the platform until all your appeals have been exhausted. They have to prove you did wrongdoing..........So do they know you went to France to see and stay with a woman?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Six, I am sorry, I'll bet somebody was thinking about you, because of the wedding. When I re-married last year...not a single JW showed up, including sisters and brothers. There were a lot of them, including a couple of elders, so I was afraid of going thru what's happening to you now...last year. I had an unscriptual divorce...so apparently, I was committing adultry by getting married. So far nothings happened, unless you count un-official shunning.

The weird thing is...it's been about 4 years fading for me, too. In the same neck of the woods, sorta.

I wonder if this is a trend ? My JW herd has gotten a lot better or more lenient over time, but, if I was DF/DA officially, I think I would be dropped like a hot potato. Can you feel the love...

Hang in there and Good Luck...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit