JW fun is at an all-time low

by Nosferatu 29 Replies latest jw friends

• anew
    anew

SAHS are you from Colorado? These used to hold these square dances in Colorado too.

• SAHS
    SAHS
    SAHS are you from Colorado? These used to hold these square dances in Colorado too.

Nope. They?re ?square? up here too.

?SAHS

• pratt1
    pratt1

Believe it or not, in the 80's we actually had getherings in disco's with hundreds of witnesses attending. Lots of dancing, lots of drinking and fun was had by all.

After a while it was decided that these gathering were too big to control (police), so they when the way of the mood ring, extinct.

We also took overnight road trips by chartered buses and attended weekend dude ranches. As long as a minsterial servant attended, it was deemed okay by our body of elders.

Most of the parents in the congo encouraged the events because they kept us kids isolated from the "worldly" kids.

Remember Dinah!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Jw Fun - where was the fun? I finally looked the other way and changed the JW fun to "nuf". I've had 'nuf of this cult.

TresHappy of the Glad to Be Gone Class

• SYN
    SYN

I'm with Farkel on this one. Being a JW was about as much fun as somebody shoving a cold soldering iron up your butt and then pressing the "ON" switch.

This is a good interrogation technique, by the way. You WILL get your answers. And it's not far off from the Society's interrogation technique of "Let's Make Them Sit In An Incredibly Drab Room And Listen To Someone Reading Paragraphs From Mentally Regurgitated Literature Until Their Frontal Lobes Explode From Sheer Boredom And Ennui".

God help us. Even the athiests.

• aka_duffy
    aka_duffy

I remember the skating parties. (Did I ever skate with any of you in Grant's Pass back in the late 70's-early 80's?) You were always glared at if you took a sister's hand during the darkened and dreaded "couple's skate" So when the skating was shut down for the reasons mentioned earlier...that's about when I went straight from trying to hold a girl's hand in a darkrned (but public) place to heavy petting in backseats and within six months-sex! I'm sure some were drawing a line to connect the dots on my road to fornication but none saw the shutting down of our every other week of enjoyment as a link.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sunday night at the skating rink was the highlight of my week, as a Pioneer.
    There were always plenty of lassies willing to skate

• SAHS
    SAHS
    Being a JW was about as much fun as somebody shoving a cold soldering iron up your butt and then pressing the "ON" switch.

Well, the warmth from a soldering iron is rather nice?for a few seconds (not speaking from experience), so you can?t really complain that it?s all bad!

?SAHS

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Sunday night at the skating rink was the highlight of my week, as a Pioneer.

We used to all meet up at the rollerrink for rollerskating sunday night. That's where I got my fulfillment of worldly music. This was put to an end when one brother was being a poor example with his JW girlfriend.

• wednesday
    wednesday

i remember big parties where there was drinking and wild worldy dancing, until the WTS put the kbosh on it. then all parties had to be small.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit