JW fun is at an all-time low

by Nosferatu 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

There used to be much more enjoyable things in the JW religion that would give you some relief from the recycled information. Remember when there were two dramas at the conventions? Remember at the meeting, instead of having a Public Talk, a missionary would show slides from his recent trip, or there would be a movie shown from the WTS?

When were these things removed? What other fun things were removed from the JW religion?

• Atilla
    Atilla

Looking back, I would hardly call those extra things fun but I guess they were a retreat from the normal, something a little different. I do agree, now a days, everything is very bland with the WT religion. I think they are trying extra hard to be viewed as normal and in the process made everything even more boring.

• franklin J
    franklin J

JW fun....I do not remember any fun....

darn, what did I miss out on as a JW? thought I had it all!

• Netty
    Netty

Me too, missed all the fun, shucks!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I remember back in the days when KH's had windows and you had to wait for 20 minutes (yes kids would get up and run around) while they put black garbage bags over the windows to darken the hall for the slide shows..

it was a good time to sneak a peak at the teen age boys in the hall

several times

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Well they used to have get-togethers and such that could be considered fun. We used to go roller-skating as a group. Of course all that got shut down a long time ago. The reasoning was that it was impossible to oversee these events properly, they might lead to some type of unchristian activities, not everyone attending was necessarily a JW in good standing, etc..

Funny how since then, a lot more of the JW kids quietly starting having their own little parties, doing things they were never allowed to do otherwise.

Yep, another brilliant move by the Borg.

No Apologies

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Remember when there were two dramas at the conventions? Remember at the meeting, instead of having a Public Talk, a missionary would show slides from his recent trip, or there would be a movie shown from the WTS

they don't do this anymore?? I'm shocked.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

JW fun

Is that an oxymoron?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I miss the Key Parties

• Soledad
    Soledad

key parties?

I don't know if this is the same thing, but I remember that at the very few JW gatherings I attended we played 1of 2 games.

the one I remember was called "harmony" where a person stands in front of you and dangles a set of keys and repeatedly asks "are we in harmony?" ususally there is a group of people sitting around. once you answer yes, you are to go into another room.

the person with the keys then gives to keys to someone in the room and calls you back in. then you have to find who has the keys.

the idea behind the game is that the keys are given to the last person who spoke while the keys are being dangled in front of you.

its a stupid game, but in a way it was fun watching all of those who didn't "get it" go crazy trying to find who in the world has the keys. we would then make fun of them behind their backs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit