Please help! ( I have a question?)

by bsylva 45 Replies latest social relationships

• JT
    JT

be thankful you found out ON THIS SIDE OF THE MARRIAGE MY MAN

i used to be an elder and i used to cousel women just like your girlfrined about marriying men just like you AND THE ADVICE WASN';T GOOD- SMILE

YOU have before you the greatest opportunity in the world, you have no ideal how badly many of us posting only wish we had the NET like you do to ask questions before we became involved in the jw, but we didn't and so for folks like myself and so many others here, we suffered for some 30yrs

if you need to talk feel free to call me in wash dc 301-209-4629 or email me if you feel more comfortable

[email protected]

best wishes

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, she reacted exactly as a good Jehovah's Witness should. It is sad that their behavior is so scripted by the society that we can predict the result. Byslva, be very cautious if she comes back in a moment of weakness. By her reactions I am sure she considers you to be a wicked man. If she comes back, it means she is tempted to play with fire. If she ever decides to be good again, she will leave you again.

Jehovah's Witnesses consider all other religions to be corrupt, and the Catholic church to be the most evil of all. They consider the Catholic church to be Babylon the Great of Revelation:

Revelation 18 (NIV) 2 With a mighty voice he shouted:
    "Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!
    She has become a home for demons
    and a haunt for every evil [1] spirit,
    a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird.
    3 For all the nations have drunk
    the maddening wine of her adulteries.
    The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
    and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries."

This is not a good foundation for a healthy, loving relationship between equals. Sorry, man. This is tough.

• prgirl79
    prgirl79

it is good that you are asking now. you asked her and she said exactly what others have told you she would. save yourself the time and trouble. you sound like a great guy.

• jaredg
    jaredg

bsylva,

let me give you some info fron another perspective. i was a jw who got involved w/ a non-jw. for over 2 years while dating i had hopes of her converting. i was even willing to mqarry her as a non-jw thinking that if we got married that i could get reinstated since i would no longer be living in sin and once she met all of my family and friends that she would convert. i realize now that my hopes were just dreams. she broke up with me b/c she is a very smart girl and had the balls to leave someone she loved for her well being. i am so glad she did. after our break-up i was determined to get reinstated. i started going back to meeting after not going for over a year. i then realized how much mind control i had been under. i had doubts and finally had enough guts to come here and do some research on my own. now i'm am back with the love of my life and things are wonderful. THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS GET HER OUT OF THE JW CULT. if you can't do that than it is better for you to leave. sorry man i know this is really really really fucking hard. best of luck!

• prgirl79
    prgirl79

the best thing of course would be if you could get her out, but do you really want to invest the time and energy that it takes. it might not work. she needs to have doubts and be ready. a lot of people are scared to leave because of the ramification even if they are not happy being in it. it is better for you to leave for your own well being.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Bsylva - I am truly sorry. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you. You are not alone in experiencing pain, frustration and loss because of the Watchtower bible and tract society. Damn them for what they do to good people in the name of God.

Don't worry - she will always wonder what she lost and if she made a mistake. She did - IMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit