I am attending an assembly.

by jwbot 35 Replies latest jw friends

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

jwbot,

The last couple months I went to meetings, I didn't bother even holding a song book, just stood there quietly. Kinda like what a JW does during the National Anthem or flag salute. I gotta lot of looks... but what are they gonna do?

I think you should go around the assembly telling people you are a pioneer!

No Apologies

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I went to a DC last year with my wife. It was much more tolerable because I took a discreet novel to read...and then at lunch, we went out. I usually had a beer or two...and we left early to join my worldly friends for dinner. My wife still buys into the crap, but at least she's "liberal" about things. She knows I sacraficed for her to even go at all...so she didn't rub it in.

This year, I made sure she got to the convention. I had a brilliant ( If I do say so myself) plan. I flew her down to West Palm Beach, FL over memorial day weekend. My mom and her went to the convention there while dad and I cruised the beaches in a mustang convertible that I rented. They got their religion fix and the priviledge of eating cheese and crackers on uncomfortable seats while dad and I got our fix of hot chicks in spandex at hooter's, bikinis at the beach, and our fill of wings and beer. Hey, everybody won this year.

Ern

• blondie
    blondie

jwbot, you are braver than me. I could hardly stand reading the reviews on JWD (though I appreciate them immensely).

I ran into a brother who went to the convention. All he could talk about was the awful hotel room and the parking. No spiritual tidbit to share.

Blondie

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Many of the young JWs In the area are pieced and tattoed up. So I doubt youll get stares.

• DocBob
    DocBob
    The Maine Center for the Arts is at the University of Maine in Orono. Stop on by! :)

When?

Orono is a fair hike from Kittery, but depending on when it is, I just might stop on by.

• jwbot
    jwbot

Stef: I think they still have the contricution boxes, its a good idea about putting papers with certain websites addresses on them...hm....

No Apologies: Hmm...maybe I should tell them I am a pioneer and elders wife and my facial haired fiance is the elder!

blondie, there will definitely be a review from me :) I will make the best out of it, it will be entertaining none-the-less.

XQ's: Where is that? I am pretty young (22) but when I was 18 still in...if one had more than a couple peircings in the ears, the elders got pissy.

DocBob: Its on saturday the 12th, is when I am going. I am not sure if it is on Sunday too. I am only going to a day...if that...probably just the morning. heh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit