1914--It is still there. The more they change the more they stay the same.

by jayhawk1 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

A relative of mine had some Jehovah's Witnesses stop by and give her the August 1, 2004, Watchtower. Much to my surprise, well not really, I found this on page 5 in the article Gods Kingdom Government. It says, "Rather than being an abstract condition of the herart, God's Kingdom is a real government thta has accomplished wonderful deeds since its inauguration in heaven it 1914."

I guess my point to this topic is, I thought they would be attempting to distance themselves from this 1914 date. All the way back in 1994-1995 when they changed the meaning of "generation that saw 1914," many thought at some point these people would quit putting an emphasis on that date by simply not talking about it. This many people included faithful Jehovah's Witnesses. That is not to admit that they were wrong, no, that "new light" revealed that the short time was just a little longer than imagined. This would mean that Jehovah was being generous and allowing many to change their minds before it was too late.

Okay, at that particular time I was a Jehovah's Witness and bought that bit of nonsence. In reality, everybody outside the Witnesses saw that for what it was, the Watchtower Society had to distance themselves from a generation that was nearly gone. So why continue to bring up 1914? Why continue to pound into the masses that Jesus took the throne in 1914? Wouldn't it make more sence to drop the whole 1914 date allow it to disappear and then in a few years as new blood becomes baptized and leads them onward, it just becomes part of an "old light" past?

All I can say is I have been out for four years, and the more things change with the Jehovah's Witnesses, the more they are still the same.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Interesting! Did they list the "wonderful deeds"?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Yes, that is in the study article, "Jehovah Reveals His Glory To Humble Ones."

• blondie
    blondie

1914 did not disappear in the 1995 only the concept that some people living in 1914 had to be living when the "end" came. Now generation can refer to someone like me who was born many years after 1914.

1914 is considered the date Jesus was made king in heaven and started kicking Satan and the demons out and down to the earth. The WTS teaches this took until 1918 at which time the "anointed" who were sleeping in death were resurrected. Then Jesus inspected the remaining people on earth calling themselves Christians and only those part of the WTS were found worthy. There is a prophecy the WTS uses that has a time period that supposedly corresponds to the period from 1914 to 1919. Remove 1914 as the beginning date of Jesus' reign in the heavens and you unhook 1919 the date they say they were recognized by Christ as the only true followers.

Blondie (keeping it short, not a believer just an explainer)

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Oh and not to forget this little gem...

"Evidence is overwhelming that God's Kingdom is a reality in full opperation. Jehovah's Witnesses happily and energetically share "this good news of the kingdom" with their neibors, inviting them to become its subjects. (Matthew 24:14) Does such a prospect appeal to you? You can enjoy the blessings that come from associating with those who are being educated in and endeavoring to live by the standards of the Kingdom. Better still, you can come to enjoy the prospect of living under Kingdom rule in the promised new world in which "righteousness is to dwell."--2 Peter 3:13"

Oh boy, I can't wait!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Blondie, that is true. 1914 did not disappear because of a generation redefinition. But even with the most faithful of faithful to the Jehovah's Witnesses, there was a belief that it was only a matter of time before 1914 would cease to be mentioned. I guess my surprise is that after nearly ten years, after the "generation new light" that 1914 continues to be thought of as a special year.

I suspected that by now that the docterine would be, Jehovah set up his son Jesus as King. Not, Jehovah set up his son to be King in 1914.

• blondie
    blondie

As long as 1919 (the year they say only they were worthy according to God) is hooked to 1914, 1914 will stay. Otherwise their validation as the only true religion disappears.

Blondie

(I have numerous quotes especially in the last 3 prophecy books on Daniel and Isaiah, even JWs joked ab out how often 1919 appeared in the text)

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

How about that. I had no idea that 1919 was still that important. When I left in 2000, I barely heard about 1919. I agree with you, 1919 would have to go first in order for 1914 to go away. Do you see that happening?

• Ozner
    Ozner

The last years the year 1919 is more intensive present in the new WTS books then ever. 1919 is more listed in the Daniel and Isaiah book than the year 1914. I think the writers are weakening 1914 by making 1919 more important. Once upon a time we do not read anything about 1914 but 1919 only.

• blondie
    blondie

You cannot weaken 1914 without weakening 1919. No 1914, no 1919 special attention from God as the only true religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit