Things kids say & do that bring a lump to your throat

by Simon 30 Replies latest social family

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

that's cute !

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

wish i could have an experience like that....mmm..children...damnit, now i want one...

*kicks self*

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Awwwww.... ***chugs one down *** "To Liam"

• codeblue
    codeblue

Kids are "special", makes the parenting work very rewarding and worthwhile.

Codeblue

• Mulan
    Mulan

We had one of our grandsons (age 3 1/2) overnight on Friday. His mom had a baby last week so I thought I would give her a break. He had a great time, and today I was talking to his mother and she said he was rocking in the rocking chair saying, "grandma is my bestest friend". I almost bawled.

That made the sleepless night all right. (he ended up sleeping with me, and Dave slept in another bed..................he fell out of bed, and I didn't sleep well at all) He wanted to come home with us again, when we took him home yesterday afternoon, and cried when we told him he had to stay home this time. He is the middle boy now, and needs extra attention.

• roybatty
    roybatty

I remember when my son was 3 or so years old and I caught him writing on the wall in his bedroom. There he was with the crayon in his hand, staring at me. I asked him "Alec, why did you draw on the wall?" He answered "I didn't". "Alec, it's not good to be lying". He looked at me with this confused look and said "I not lying, I not go roar." I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

• Steve Egner
    Steve Egner

I'm 44 years old, rapidly approaching ex-redhead status as I gradually turn gray.

A few weeks ago, in a discussion about hair color in our family, my 6 year old daughter Zoe said this:

"Mommy's hair is brown. Rhys' hair is red, my hair is red, and Daddy's hair is... (squinting at me) Daddy, you're turning Blonde!"

God bless her.

Steve

• jgnat
    jgnat

About children and love and giving,

I very rarely allowed candy in to my home when my children were small. I was a low-income single parent, and I watched every penny. When my daughter would sweetly ask, I would reply, "Sorry, dear, we have no money for that."

Then for several months I started finding the odd coin on my ironing board. One day a nickel, another a dime and a penny. I thought nothing of it, and pocketed it.

Then, one day, my daughter again asked for a candy, and I gave her my standard reply. She got thoughtful, "But mommy, I have been putting money on your ironing board for a very long time. You should have enough for candy by now!" She had scoured the house for coins and been leaving them on the ironing board for me to find.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Gosh, so many stories. Like the time our one-and-only Bible study was bewailing his poverty and our (then) three-year-old son dashed into his room to get all the money he had (thirty-five cents) and hand it to him.

Or when my daughter (at eight) made friends with a little boy in the park one afternoon. After awhile she caught sight of a little girl playing nearby and said, "Let's ask her to play with us."

"No," the boy said, "I don't like to play with black kids."

My daughter didn't need time to think this over. "If you were black," she said, "I would still play with you."

It worked, and the three kids played contentedly for another hour or more.

gently feral

• jgnat
    jgnat

My granddaughter and I have been bonding this weekend, as her mommy-my-daughter sealed the deal on her first home. Here are some of Naomi's gems this weekend:

"Let's go play in my new room again, grandma. Everybody downstairs is talking adult talk."

As we waded in the public fountains this afternoon (It was pulling hen's teeth to get my daughter to take the break. Naomi and I both worked on her and finally won her over.) "This week mommy is thinking about houses and last week mommy was thinking about dogs, and those are both good things so that is OK. I am thinking about nothing, except daycare."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit